• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Data analysis Puts PACE Trial on Slippery Slope to Retraction" by Cort Johnson

AndyPR

It may be he is honestly mistaken but Cort gives all the analysis credit to Stark and Levine, the professional statisticians. I thought that it was actually Alem Mathews, Tom Kindlon and a lady whose name I can't recall at the moment who actually did it? Am I right or wrong with that thought?

Stewart

I assumed - possibly incorrectly - that Cort was highlighting the role of Stark and Levine because he wants to get the message across to casual readers and the wider world that this analysis comes from big, credible names from revered academic institutions, and not just disgruntled patients. I don't think he was trying to airbrush the other three authors out of the picture - especially as the Virology blog makes clear that they did the bulk of the work.

Undisclosed

I assumed - possibly incorrectly - that Cort was highlighting the role of Stark and Levine because he wants to get the message across to casual readers and the wider world that this analysis comes from big, credible names from revered academic institutions, and not just disgruntled patients. I don't think he was trying to airbrush the other three authors out of the picture - especially as the Virology blog makes clear that they did the bulk of the work.
Well, that being said I think it would have been appropriate to give credit to all of the authors as they all worked very hard on this.