• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mark Zuckerberg curing all diseases

snowathlete

Nice idea, it won't be enough money though unless he is careful it wasted on crap like PACE, where really the only benefit is to the authors and the institutions they're associated with.

Would be nice if he started with ME/CFS, you know, on the basis that it's probably the most common chronic disease in the world for which there is not a single treatment, which is hugely debilitating, and that strikes down people in their prime and is generally life long. I'd like that on Facebook.

Jennifer J

I can't read the article now. Maybe what I write below is already being done.

Off the top of my head @JaimeS, @JenB, @Ben Howell, @Rose49, @ScottTriGuy, @AndyPR .... (and also for everyone):

I was wondering is anyone reaching out to them for funding for us: for OMI, Lipkin and our other researchers? Have something well prepared to make our and the research case, maybe something from OMI, Lipkin... one of the doctors if that would help more.

I've been thinking there must be some ways to reach more Silicon Valley companies and attract them (find something that would be appealing to each company or person) for donations and funding for us.

Does anyone know any professional fund raisers that might want to volunteer to help us? Or maybe we can find one? Perhaps even one that is connected in Silicon Valley!

As always, thank you everyone for your advocacy and work to try to change this and make it better. :hug:

Last edited:
As part of the investment, a $600 million research center in San Francisco called the Biohub will be built in partnership with Stanford, the University of California, and Berkeley. Neurobiologist Cori Bargmann will become the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's new president of science.
Perhaps Ron Davis can find the right person to have a little chat to??

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Thanks for the heads up @Jennifer J

I am currently immersed in 2 upcoming Millions Missing Canada campaigns, and my day job, so can't take on more for a few weeks, but there is definitely an opportunity for our community with this announcement.

I imagine it will be quite a competitive process to get funding - but we do have a very compelling narrative, especially with Naviaux and PACE developments.

JaimeS

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
I can't read the article now. Maybe what I write below is already being done.

Off the top of my head @JaimeS, @JenB, @Ben Howell, @Rose49, @ScottTriGuy, @AndyPR .... (and also for everyone):

I was wondering is anyone reaching out to them for funding for us: for OMI, Lipkin and our other researchers? Have something well prepared to make our and the research case, maybe something from OMI, Lipkin... one of the doctors if that would help more.

I've been thinking there must be some ways to reach more Silicon Valley companies and attract them (find something that would be appealing to each company or person) for donations and funding for us.

Does anyone know any professional fund raisers that might want to volunteer to help us? Or maybe we can find one? Perhaps even one that is connected in Silicon Valley!

As always, thank you everyone for your advocacy and work to try to change this and make it better. :hug:

Hey @Jennifer J

I have sent an email to Linda, head of OMF. Im sure she will have already seen this, but have done so anyway.

The fact the initiative has ties to Stanford could be useful....

Lets see.

B

Nielk