• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"The PACE Trial Fiasco" (September 17) by Hannah Radenkova

trishrhymes

I read it yesterday. Can't remember all the detail, but basically it is a reasonable summary of the PACE situation including some of the graphs provided by another blogger whose stuff has been posted on PR already (sorry, I can't remember his name).

Useful for informing the uninformed, but nothing we haven't seen in the discussions on here. Regular PR readers are not really the target audience, I don't think. I hope the blogger has a wide audience beyond this, so it can serve a valuable educational purpose. I wish her well.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I liked the final paragraph:
If you're able to publicly recommend therapies that are useless, or potentially harmful to patients, based on a flawed study to further support your own opinions on ME/CFS, then I'd suggest you take a look in the mirror, because, after all, aren't psychologists meant to know all about Projecting?

As I have said before, what is most odd to me about all this is how bad my psychological colleagues seem to be about psychology (in other words how people work).

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
As I have said before, what is most odd to me about all this is how bad my psychological colleagues seem to be about psychology (in other words how people work)

Yes I've certainly noticed that over the years. I tend to think it's because the subject matter is massively complex and they are constantly reducing it to rather more simplistic systems and they rely on their expert knowledge via their studies to explain and understand behaviour instead of merely looking at the particulars of the situation and trying to know that person.

unfortunately that one comes across even harder to read its so bright with then the faded letters. If anyone has an issue with brightness, I suggest not to click this link as it comes across terribly bright, an instant brain assault
Thanks for the feedback on the blog colours, guys! I've changed the font, and the font colour to black, and made the background a soft grey. Hope that helps!