• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBT and GET being downgraded

taniaaust1

http://solvecfs.org/september-zaher-letter/

Dear Friends,

The decision by the U.S. government’s Agency for Health Research Quality (AHRQ) to downgrade its recommendation on the usefulness of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) in ME/CFS is a significant and consequential development. It is virtually unprecedented for AHRQ to change a recommendation

For more on this read the link

Denise

This information needs to be spread far and wide and there is a thread about it currently underway.
In that thread MedFeb has a very important (I think) comment as to necessary next steps (emphasis mine)
"Regarding the AHRQ Addendum - that addendum is only posted on the AHRQ website and its existence is noted as a short note at the end of the Evidence Review Executive Summary and also as a comment by Lily Chu on the Annals article publishing the original review. Neither of these are sufficient as the majority of readers will not see them. I have requested that the addendum conclusions be positioned at the beginning of the evidence review and also be included directly in the Annals article, not just in the comments. Waiting to hear what they say."

Daisymay

This information needs to be spread far and wide and there is a thread about it currently underway.
In that thread MedFeb has a very important (I think) comment as to necessary next steps (emphasis mine)
"Regarding the AHRQ Addendum - that addendum is only posted on the AHRQ website and its existence is noted as a short note at the end of the Evidence Review Executive Summary and also as a comment by Lily Chu on the Annals article publishing the original review. Neither of these are sufficient as the majority of readers will not see them. I have requested that the addendum conclusions be positioned at the beginning of the evidence review and also be included directly in the Annals article, not just in the comments. Waiting to hear what they say."

Excellent point!