• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is anyone here using MitoSynergy copper?

tango

I'm seeing a lot of people in my Facebook groups who are raving about the MitoSynergy copper. A lot of them have high copper and claim that this helps normalize copper even for people with high copper:zinc ratio.

I'm curious to know if this is the real deal - especially if you are someone with a high copper:zinc ratio. It sounds too good to be true... Is it?

Links
https://mitosynergy.com/
Video: https://mitosynergy.com/information/copper/

Lecture:

I used it to no avail but I have also heard good things. May just not have been my problem area.

They offer free samples if you e-mail them your address. I e-mailed them twice and they never responded and finally I just said hey could you mail me a sample of a product here's my address and it just showed up one day. I guess they ship once a month for the free samples so it could take a bit.

tango

I'm in New Zealand so I'm not sure if they ship samples here but I will give it a go. I'm pretty sceptical but I want to get better and a few people have been raving about feeling better!

aaron_c

I use it from time to time. It does seem to help with "mood" in a way that taking regular copper doesn't, but in my limited experience, if I take too much I get insomnia and symptoms that might be zinc deficiency (diarrhea, for me). But it does help me want to be more social, as well as increases my ability to appreciate art.

I thought it was mainly marketed for Lymes Disease?

tango

I thought it was mainly marketed for Lymes Disease?

They are now saying
1. Everyone has Lyme disease - hence my scepticism
2. The good copper replaces the bad in the cells making it function better

The loooooong video explains it. I got tired of watching it so I don't think I fully understood it all

hixxy

My experience is that Mito Synergy's customer service is pretty poor. Sending them an email is like sending an email into a black hole.

tango

My experience is that Mito Synergy's customer service is pretty poor. Sending them an email is like sending an email into a black hole.
We can agree on that!

I decided not to use MitoSynergy (or "proper copper" as they like to call it) as it seems a small number of people improve but others become angry and agitated. I didn't want to take the risk! It's also very pricey for what is basically copper with some niacin and vitamin C added to it. I've heard colloidal copper works just as well and is cheaper...

I also got put off because the people pushing it in groups are so aggressive and convinced it's right for everyone. There's no such thing as one pill that works for everything. It's not a panacea

hixxy

I decided not to use MitoSynergy (or "proper copper" as they like to call it) as it seems a small number of people improve but others become angry and agitated. I didn't want to take the risk! It's also very pricey for what is basically copper with some niacin and vitamin C added to it. I've heard colloidal copper works just as well and is cheaper...

I have low ceruloplasmin, and other copper supplements aren't effective at raising it (I tried). It's the only one that seems to have any evidence it can raise ceruloplasmin.

I didn't notice any reports of it causing agitation or anger?

tango

Yep, there are plenty of reports on the Facebook groups I belong to (although the owner of the copper removes negative feedback from his Facebook group). The owner of the copper is saying it's a detox reaction.

Copper is essential, it's just a matter of not overdoing it because that definitely causes agitation and overhypes you.

Have you tried colloidal copper @hixxy ???
I am thinking of trying that and interested in feedback. I've seen great things on that online.

vortex

What facebook groups are people talking about this in?

I would like to do some research on it.

I'm seeing a lot of people in my Facebook groups who are raving about the MitoSynergy copper.
Lecture:

tango

What facebook groups are people talking about this in?

I would like to do some research on it.
I’m seeing an equal split of people who like it and people who struggle with it. Hmmm thinking about it... a lot more people struggle than do well with it and there have been lots of issues with the product oxidising.

Or Facebook groups try all the ones with biochemical or biomedical in the title. Some of the pyroluria and HTMA and mineral balancing groups also discuss it. There is a dedicated copper group but that is run by the manufacturer and they delete some complaints so it’s biased.

An excellent group for general health is Understanding Mitochondrial Nutrients. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything on mito copper in there.

As for mito copper you may do just as well on colloidal copper or liquid chlorophyll which usually contains copper sulphate. They are a lot cheaper. The mito copper is a rip off IMO. It is copper plus ribose and vitamin C I think.

tango

PS ai tried the colloidal copper and it seemed helpful for me but in the end I went back to copper sebacate and high copper foods and that works just fine for me. Cacao, nuts, soy and avocado

vortex

The mito copper is a rip off IMO. It is copper plus ribose and vitamin C I think.
mito copper is not copper and ribose and vitamin C, not sure where you read that.

They tell you it is copper bonded to niacin

tango

mito copper is not copper and ribose and vitamin C, not sure where you read that.

They tell you it is copper bonded to niacin
I read the patent application. And yes I made a typo, I meant to say to use copper + niacel/niagen to get the same effect and had the ribose in my head.

In any case it is vitamin C and niacin bonded to copper. Basically cuprous chloride plus ascorbic acid = copper ascorbate and toss in some niacin. Mix together and sell for outrageous profits. That's the recipe in its simplest form. These's some heat and alcohol and filtering but at it's most basic just get copper from liquid chlorophyll plus C and niacin and you have the same thing. Niacin/niagel or niacinamide would likely work better as there are less conversions to make NAD etc

The MTHFR fb groups also discuss proper copper as it is sometimes referred to

Last edited:

iwillwin1day

Mito copper is useless because it is copper +1. But copper +1 is useless. Because most of the copper in body is copper +2.

vortex

Mito copper is useless because it is copper +1. But copper +1 is useless. Because most of the copper in body is copper +2.

Thats your reason is that the body has copper 2?

Lets back up here, copper in food is copper 1, so should a copper supplement mimic what is native in our diet or what is in our blood?

iwillwin1day

Thats your reason is that the body has copper 2?

Lets back up here, copper in food is copper 1, so should a copper supplement mimic what is native in our diet or what is in our blood?
Copper in food is cu+2 and not cu+1. Actually it depends. Vegan food like vegetables have cu+2 and animal food like meat have cu+1. Same like iron copper has 2 type.

Copper in food is cu+2 and not cu+1. Actually it depends. Vegan food like vegetables have cu+2 and animal food like meat have cu+1. Same like iron copper has 2 type.
Do you have any source that vegetables contain cupric copper (Cu⁺²)(II) and animal meat contains cuprous copper (Cu⁺)(I)?