• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody Had Toxin Exposure While on Methylation Supplement

cman89

I have been using active methylation supplements for two years now with good results. ..I recently got back from a trip to India where I suspect we were exposed to toxic mold of a sort. I know air pollution was an issue also....on top of that we all got some infection, either bacterial or viral still not sure what. Any of you notice a difference in toxin exposure pre and post methylation?

Hip

Any of you notice a difference in toxin exposure pre and post methylation?

Can you provide some more context for you question, and what you are actually asking. It not clear what you mean by "Any of you notice a difference in toxin exposure pre and post methylation?".

cman89

I am wondering if (unknowingly I would hope), some of our members had input on a scenario of reaction to mold/other toxin exposure while using Methylation supplements vs before they went on the supplements.

The reason I am asking is I am trying to navigate some issues and I want to attempt to gauge the response I had to being in a possibly moldy environment last month. I have never noticeably reacted to mold, but this last time I was using full methylation supplements, and I am wondering if that had an effect on "feeling" the mold.

It may influence my decision to take periodic breaks from the B vitamins, which is an important decision to make.

Hip

I have never noticeably reacted to mold, but this last time I was using full methylation supplements

So you are saying that you think the methylation protocol might potentially have made you mold sensitive (because you were not mold sensitive before starting the methylation protocol), and you want to know whether others have noticed an increased in sensitivity to mold or other environmental toxins after starting methylation, or whether methylation may have made their allergies worse, or worsened their MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome).

cman89

So you are saying that you think the methylation protocol might potentially have made you mold sensitive (because you were not mold sensitive before starting the methylation protocol), and you want to know whether others have noticed an increased in sensitivity to mold or other environmental toxins after starting methylation, or whether methylation may have made their allergies worse, or worsened their MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome).
Pretty much yes.