• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A list of upcoming ME/CFS metabolomic/metabolic studies

A.B.

• Hanson's small ME/CFS metabolic study (under review now).
  • The Naviaux/Ron Davis OMF funded expansion of Naviaux's recent study
  • Naviaux's study comparing the metabolome of ME/CFS patients and other diseases
  • Hanson's NK, T and B cell energy production study
  • The Lipkin/Hornig study tying metabolomics results in the blood to their gut findings.
  • The Bateman Horne Center/Watanabe Japanese metabolomics study. In what is clearly a Suzanne Vernon study, the Watanabe study, a Michael Hougton Canadian Cytokine Study, and Alan Light's Autoantibody study will all use the same 100 patients samples - thus allowing them potentially to merge their findings.....
  • Nath's metabolic chamber study in the Intramural study
  • Several studies from McGregor in Australia
  • The SolveME/CFS in house mitochondrial study (more on that later.)
Take from
http://www.healthrising.org/forums/...s-study-validates-naviauxs-core-finding.4846/

alex3619

I started with ME and CFS research, back in the 90s, being a lot about metabolism, especially here in Australia. The technology was not adequate. We then had a long time without much work on this, just an occasional paper. Now, with better technology, its a whole new field. Such explosions of knowledge, including fizzles and duds, are typical of what happens when the underlying investigative technology becomes available. While there are typically many false leads and failures in such sweeping changes, they still herald a new age in medicine every single time. The failures also teach us things, things that are not obvious from the "successful" studies.

I am really pleased to see multiple studies done on the same cohort. Its almost certain that this approach will lead to cross comparisons between disciplines, ending the silo effect.

Metabolism was my thing as well. Its where my interest really lies. So its personally a very exciting time for me for more than one reason.