• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEA website survey: Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

charles shepherd

MEA website survey for September 2016: Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Why are we conducting this survey:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...ng-this-months-quick-survey-2-september-2016/

Results so far:

• Have you applied for a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from the DWP? If so, what was the initial decision on your claim?
    • Refused at initial application (38%, 5 Votes)

• Refused on appeal (15%, 2 Votes)

• Awarded care and mobility at either rate (8%, 1 Votes)

• Care only at enhanced rate (0%, 0 Votes)

• Care only at standard rate (8%, 1 Votes)

• Mobility only at enhanced rate (0%, 0 Votes)

• Mobility only at standard rate (0%, 0 Votes)

• Application in progress (8%, 1 Votes)

• I'm not applying for PIP (23%, 3 Votes)

Total Voters: 13

NB: This survey is only open to people who are eligible to make a claim for this DWP benefit

Dr Charles Shepherd
Hon Medical Adviser, MEA

worldbackwards

I hope that evens up a bit when there's a few more votes in. 7 rejected out of nine is far bleaker than I thought.

I wonder how many of those who don't apply are the same as me, in that the only reason that I haven't applied is that I'm reluctant to get involved in the confusing, stressful world of the benefits system - my wife and I are of the opinion that the cost to me is not worth the extra money. But I do recognise that in having a supportive partner who works, our own home, no debts and relatively low levels of expenditure means that I am in a very fortunate situation compared to most.