• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suzanne Broadbent webinar: "Exercise Management for CFS – The Evidence and Current Approaches"

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
I just got this reminder email -but I am working tomorrow night - it is from the Canadian Institute for the Relief of Pain and Disability about this event where Broadbent will no doubt refer to her recent paper unpacked and discussed here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ects-on-lymphocytes-in-cfs.44323/#post-720570

Where Broadbent concluded: Intermittent Exercise may be a more effective exercise modality with regard to enhanced CD4+ activation in CFS patients.

I think it will be recorded so this is a great opportunity to question the validity of her research design and have it recorded for advocacy purposes.

Who can pose her some questions during her webinar? There are some excellent points in the PR thread that can used.

Suzanne Broadbent, PhD-Senior Lecturer, Clinical Exercise Physiology, Southern Cross University
REGISTER NOW
Dr. Broadbent will provide an over view of exercise management for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and discuss current research describing the most effective types of exercise

Dear Scott,

This is a reminder that "Exercise Management for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – The Evidence and Current Approaches" will begin in 1 Day on:

Tue, Aug 23, 2016 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT

Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: admin@cirpd.org

North American Time Zones:
4:00pm Pacific
5:00pm Mountain
6:00pm Central
7:00pm Eastern
8:00pm Atlantic

How to Join the Webinar

1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/1717837759456871425/584333860

Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.

Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

2. Choose one of the following audio options:

TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

--OR--

TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
Australia: +61 2 8355 1054
Access Code: 516-279-236
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Calling from another country?

Webinar ID: 118-669-339

Kati

Patient in training
I will post this to a local group and see if there are takers. I am not up for it myself.

medfeb

Has anyone listened to this? She seems to be suggesting squats and lunges while vacuuming or washing the dishes. Huh? Did I miss something?

zzz

Has anyone listened to this? She seems to be suggesting squats and lunges while vacuuming or washing the dishes. Huh?

iWKad22.jpg

Kati

Patient in training
Someone on facebook listened to it, but had to leave because the phone rang. Here are her comments:

Claims Less evidence for pacing and energy envelope than get than cbt... But now says activity must be paced

Had just run throug list if symptoms incl sensitivities and decreased grey matter etc

Alot bad experiences w get but some people who had some benefits

Before I left, She had said a long something which included something to the effect of accepting limitations, my words, if I understood correctly.

Sean

Claims Less evidence for pacing and energy envelope than get than cbt... But now says activity must be paced

[snip]

Before I left, She had said a long something which included something to the effect of accepting limitations, my words, if I understood correctly.

They are trying to turn GET into pacing, without admitting it and that patients were right all along.

Mij

The virologist I saw was more concerned about my low CD8 counts.

How is raising CD4 counts supposed to increase aerobic capacity as she states?