• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Press Release available: "Tribunal Orders Release of Withheld Data from Controversial £5M CFS Study"

Tom Kindlon

MEaction11057462_1627862554162811_7628310772215289553_n.png

#‎MEaction‬ have created and started to circulate a press release with the title:
"Tribunal Orders Release of Withheld Data from Controversial £5 Million Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Study".

It contains expert comment from nine people from the US, UK, Australia and Ireland.

Alem, who made the request and fought the case, is from Australia so one or more Australian media outlets might find it of interest.

If you know of any journalists or media outlets who might be interested in a copy, just ask them to email me at tom kindlon (all one word) at gmail dot com.

It is also being circulated through a particular press release service.

On a lighter note, so far, Great Britain and Australia have about the same rate of gold medals per head of population (around 0.3 per million population). New Zealand has more (0.9 per million) :D.

USA and China are the underachievers, with only 0.1 and 0.01 gold medals per million respectively.

Hats off to Jamaica, which is the all-out winner so far, with 1.4 gold medals per million population!

user9876

On a lighter note, so far, Great Britain and Australia have about the same rate of gold medals per head of population (around 0.3 per million population). New Zealand has more (0.9 per million) :D.

USA and China are the underachievers, with only 0.1 and 0.01 gold medals per million respectively.

Hats off to Jamaica, which is the all-out winner so far, with 1.4 gold medals per million population!

But I think the uk is spending about £5.4 per gold medal. I'm not sure about the others. I think the tightest correlations were with spending rather than population. Clearly with population there are a number of outliers such as India.

But I think the uk is spending about £5.4 per gold medal. I'm not sure about the others. I think the tightest correlations were with spending rather than population. Clearly with population there are a number of outliers such as India.
Its all pretty nuts when you think of it like that, isn't it? What a waste of money!

charles shepherd

I'm sure that people would like to see the press release and the expert comments on the judgement that are included with it.

As one of the docs who has provided an expert comment I am quite happy for this information (with our personal contact details and phone numbers etc removed) to be placed in the public domain at a suitable interval after release to the journalists.

shannah

I'm sure that people would like to see the press release and the expert comments on the judgement that are included with it.

As one of the docs who has provided an expert comment I am quite happy for this information (with our personal contact details and phone numbers etc removed) to be placed in the public domain at a suitable interval after release to the journalists.

With personal details removed, I think many of us would be very interested in seeing the press release.

snowathlete

I think as patients we need to wait to see the press release. Media want fresh information/quotes from experts to use in their articles. If the release is already out there in the public domain, appearing in blogs and so on, then they won't use them and may not even cover the story as a result. Good that it will be made public after an appropriate interval, but I wouldn't want that to jeopordise the media covering the story.