• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood results for lyme.

Fuzzyhead

image.png
image.png
image.png
I had my bloods sent to Armin labs 3 week ago and my results are as follows.
Can anyone explain them to me please? Thanks x

Valentijn

Can anyone explain them to me please?
Borderline for Lyme. In their published research of the LTT-Elispot, it was highly accurate at a threshold of 3. 2 is a "maybe", but in my case it was an accurate diagnosis.

Other lab results and symptoms can help in supporting a diagnosis. The comment from the lab suggests that your low CD57 cell count would support a Lyme diagnosis.

Hanna

1. In fact, the analysis is done only on three forms of the borrelia bacteria (burgdorferi, afzeli, garenii), isn't it ? There are numerous strains of B., it is a pity we still lack a broader test to see the big picture. I agree it doesn't help you to conclude anything from the Armin Lab test.

2. CD57 : the literature has changed lately about CD57 significance in Lyme and Co diseases. Buhner in its latest version of the "Healing Lyme" book concludes (p43), contrary to the 2001 version - where a low CD57 count was linked to a "greater chance" of suffering from Lyme.

"In short, in my opinion, given the increase in understanding of this NK marker, there just isn’t enough data to support CD57+ cell levels as a reliable diagnostic for Lyme, chronic Lyme, or postLyme disease syndrome"

Last edited: