• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Source Naturals Dibencozide

After reading about vit B and methylation I decided to try it and go with Fredds protocol.
While searching and trying to order supplements I found this review on Source Naturals Dibencozide:
http://www.iherb.com/product-review...ncozide-Coenzymated-B-12-60-Tablets/2454/?p=1
This product only contains Methylcobalamin, not Adenosylcobalamin! Not happy!
I contacted Source Naturals to find out how much of this product is Adenosylcobalamin and was told that the product only contains Methylcobalamin! Not happy!! I am trying to recover from 25 years of migraines and have a double copy of the mthfr gene. It is hard enough to figure this out when you know what is in a product! I do not appreciate the deception in labeling by Source Naturals. If you buy any product from this company, first check that it is correctly labelled.
Is it true?
Should I ignore it?

Also, I was diagnose with CIRS / biotoxin ilness and have really bad POTS.
I wonder if methylation can be enough for removing biotoxins.
Do you know any success story about recovering from POTS using methylation protocol?

Thanks,
Ewa

PeterPositive

No, not true. The label is correct.
Dibencozide is just another name for Adenosyl-B12. The product does not contain methyl-B12.
I have been taking quite a lot of these lozenges. They are fine.

cheers

ahmo

My sense is that you'll need to do some deliberate detox procedures. Methylation will help the process, and detox will likely help w/ methylation.

I found this basic info re POTS really helpful. There's a prompt on right side for pdf. I now feel that I have POTS-lite. Treating it as though it's a mast cell issue, using mast cell stabilizing royal jelly and mangosteen, has helped.

Thanks.
Good to know.
After reading about vit B and methylation I decided to try it and go with Fredds protocol.
While searching and trying to order supplements I found this review on Source Naturals Dibencozide:
http://www.iherb.com/product-review...ncozide-Coenzymated-B-12-60-Tablets/2454/?p=1

Is it true?
Should I ignore it?

Hi Ewa,
I left that review on iHerb and IT IS TRUE! That is the response that I got via email from their customer service. They also said "If you are not happy with the product send it back and we will refund." Can you refund me the 6 months that I experimented with it???? That is the only review I have ever left for a product and I did so because I was really upset that Source Naturals would not disclose that on the product. Here I was for months trying to get the balance of B12 right, only to find that I wasn't taking ANY Adenosyl!!.

Donna (Australia)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ewa,
I left that review on iHerb and IT IS TRUE! That is the response that I got via email from their customer service. They also said "If you are not happy with the product send it back and we will refund." Can you refund me the 6 months that I experimented with it???? That is the only review I have ever left for a product and I did so because I was really upset that Source Naturals would not disclose that on the product. Here I was for months trying to get the balance of B12 right, only to find that I wasn't taking ANY Adenosyl!!.

Donna (Australia)
Thanks Donna.

PeterPositive

Hi Ewa,

Donna (Australia)
I am not sure I follow this.
Why would Source Naturals sell methyl-cobalamin as Dibencozide when they already sell methyl-cobalamin in various dosages?

I have used their Dibencozide for a few years and even from experience I can tell you that it is not metyl-B12, the effect is pretty different.

It sounds like there must have been a misunderstanding maybe?

alicec

I have used their Dibencozide for a few years and even from experience I can tell you that it is not metyl-B12, the effect is pretty different.

It sounds like there must have been a misunderstanding maybe?

I have had a similar experience with this product and also wonder if there is some misunderstanding.

I looked on the Source Naturals website to see if it offered more information than is present on the bottle. It made this statement.

Dibencozide is a primary coenzyme form of vitamin B-12. It is required for processing branch chain amino acids through the Krebs cycle for sustained energy production.

This is a description of the function of adenosylB12, NOT methylB12.

I would be happier if they actually stated adenosylcobalamin somewhere, but still, dibencozide is the accepted name for this form of B12.

I tried to send an email asking for further clarification but the link wasn't working. I may try again later.