• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recent news on diagnostic tests for ME?

JaimeS

Hey, PR -- it seems to me like the past six months, many have spoken about diagnostic testing for ME, and a few new patents and potential diagnostic tests have come up. Am I imagining? Is there a thread where these are discussed? Tried searching, but my terms are too general.

To be clear, I'm not talking about CCC stuff such as MRI results or autonomic testing, but new diagnostic testing that has been proposed, and seemed to come somewhat all at once.

Sorry to be vague -- this is just sort of sitting at the back of my memory.

Last edited:

JaimeS

Canadian Consensus Criteria -- what I mean is, not what we have always said when put together lead up to an ME diagnosis, as in the many tests listed in the Canadian Consensus Criteria. Changed my ex above, as I don't believe CoQ-10 was on CCC, but you get the idea.