• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help please - Need a quick safe fix for my Brain and Energy

Jennifer J

Hi, Everyone. I've been super crashed for weeks now after trying to take care of something for a week. My brain is struggling and I'm so fatigued. The heat and humidity isn't helping, either.

Problem is (ha ha as if that's not a problem in itself), my on going asbestos:( matter in my housing is going to become worst, than it already is, this week. I just found out a half hour ago.

Here's what I need help with at the moment: I need my brain back and energy to sort out all the this, that and the others with county agencies and landlord. (Long story been dealing with for a couple of years, lots of notes, phone calls and research I need to go through and put it all together by Monday, and then deal with calls and more on Monday.)

Is there anything I can take to help my brain and energy that I don't have to spend time researching to see if there's any risks and complications I should be aware of before I use it? Also don't want to crash even harder but may have to. I can't have caffeine. I have diabetes insipidus and problems with low sodium, which caffeine makes worst. Oh, and it would need to be something without many ingredients. I'm have reactions to lots of things.

My brain is sticky and stopping. Thank you for any ideas with what I can take to help. I appreciate you all so much. :hug:

Misfit Toy

Thinking of you, Jennifer J. I can offer no ideas because all things that give me energy also can make me sick, but wishing you much luck and the hope that someone else can help.

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
I don't know what to say to help either. Maybe just doing one task at a time, even though you have to do everything in a short time? Do one task, don't think about the rest, do the next task, don't think about the rest... repeat? Sometimes that keeps my brain from frying too much. Know that you will get through it and be able to rest soon.

Sending you :alien:. Wait... not aliens.. :hug:! ;)

L'engle

moogle
If I need to do something on a particular day and can crash the next I sometimes take COq10. It gives me a bit of energy but can cause trouble sleeping. Tricky if you have tasks that may stretch over several days and be open ended.

If it's hot maybe an ice pack on your forehead or back of neck can help your brain a bit? It might cool it off anyway.

David Jackson

Hi Jennifer,

Just logged on and saw your post at the 'Latest Forum Threads' section, so I thought, why not reply...

There is a herb called Gotu Kola which is great for brain function. I have used it several times, always with good results. Specifically it fixes the electrical connections in the brain. This also helped me a great deal with the heart palpitations I was having at one stage too, which were due to those poor electrical connections.

I am in New Zealand, and know the exact store where I can go to get some good Gotu Kola. You, however, probably live nowhere near me, and I cannot say where you should go to get some good Gotu Kola. It might be a mission in of itself just to find some. You are looking for a dark liquid (I think it's called a tincture?) in a small bottle. I just take it according to the directions, which is a few mls per day, for a couple of weeks. It does take 2-3 weeks to get the full benefit, I've noticed.

Well, Gotu Kola will help you out, if the problem that you are having is poor electrical connectivity... of course it may not be... I am just telling you what has helped me, I cannot diagnose you. Another good herb for the brain is Ginkgo Biloba, which helps with circulation... for when the brain is getting poor circulation.

That is about as much help as I can offer, so I wish you all the best!

belize44

I have found that something called Pseudo Ginseng helps a lot. It is also called Tienchi. It comes in raw or steamed powder and can be purchased in Asian markets, as well as here: http://www.activeherb.com/. I trust this company and buy from them often. If you aren't sure which one to get, use both for a balanced effect. Hope that helps.

actup

My adult son and I ( we both have CFS) have found that high dose benfotiamine ( 1250 mg for me and 2250 mg for him) in combination with high dose d-ribose (2500-5000 mg) once to twice per day gives us a noticeable energy boost. Use thiamine if no time to get the benfotiamine. I'd suggest you start at 800 mg for 1st two days and then increase dose incrementally by 250 - 400 mg every two days up to 2000mg.

We started the d-ribose at maximum dose without problems. I've used this combo daily for several months and don't believe it has ever exacerbated my CFS symptoms. I don't know the CFS patient response rate to high dose benfotiamine but I had good energy increase after my first 800 mg dose of thiamine. If you're time and resource limited the thiamine provides a good trial.
Best of luck and hope this helps.

Last edited:

Justin30

Acetyl L Carnitine

And possibly vitamin C as this is in highest concentration in the brain.

D ribose

B12

Coq 10

Magnesium

And certain meds other than stimulants might help. These used to calm and take one task at a time.

Hope u can get it all sorted.

Jennifer J

@L'engle, @David Jackson, @realturbo, @belize44, @JaimeS, @actup, @Justin30, @ahmo, @OkRadLakPok, @Sushi, @Comet and @Misfit Toy, hope I didn't miss anyone, Thank you soooo much! :)

Having your responses and support made this so much easier. I finished a fairly well done letter (really quite pleased with it considering all), that I put under her office door at 1 am this morning. Big relief. At this time, I could only cover what was going to take place tomorrow and try to change the outcome. We'll see.

Thank you again for being there for me and for your help. :hug: