• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Using ATP profile test? Disability?

Clerner

Has anyone gotten this test (ATP profile)?
Does it help prove the fatigue in order to get disability?
Is this consideredition a Biomarker of cfs that will prove cfs to disability?
Thanks for any information!

halcyon

Is this consideredition a Biomarker of cfs that will prove cfs to disability?
Here is the relevant part from SSR 14-1p. I recommend reading through the whole thing to get an understanding of how they approach CFS cases:

1. Laboratory findings. At this time, we cannot identify specific laboratory findings that are widely accepted as being associated with CFS. However, the absence of a definitive test does not preclude our reliance upon certain laboratory findings to establish the existence of an MDI in people with CFS. While standard laboratory test results in the normal range are characteristic for many people with CFS, and they should not be relied upon to the exclusion of all other clinical evidence in decisions regarding the presence and severity of an MDI, the following laboratory findings establish the existence of an MDI in people with CFS:
    • An elevated antibody titer to Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) capsid antigen equal to or greater than 1:5120, or early antigen equal to or greater than 1:640;

• An abnormal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) brain scan;

• Neurally mediated hypotension as shown by tilt table testing or another clinically accepted form of testing; or

• Any other laboratory findings that are consistent with medically accepted clinical practice and are consistent with the other evidence in the case record (for example, an abnormal exercise stress test or abnormal sleep studies, appropriately evaluated and consistent with the other evidence in the case record).
  2. Additional signs and laboratory findings. Because of the ongoing research into the etiology and manifestations of CFS, the medical criteria discussed above are only examples of physical and mental signs and laboratory findings that can help us establish the existence of an MDI; they are not all-inclusive. As medical research advances regarding CFS, we may discover additional signs and laboratory findings to establish that people have an MDI of CFS. For example, scientific studies now suggest there may be subsets of CFS with different causes, including viruses such as Human Herpesvirus 6. Thus, we may document the existence of CFS with medical signs and laboratory findings other than those listed above provided such evidence is consistent with medically accepted clinical practice, and is consistent with the other evidence in the case record.

So I think the answer to your question is "maybe".

wastwater

I have considered this test myself, it is fairly expensive around 300 quid and I think you need to get someone to take your blood to send off that may include further fees.
Think I will get a lactate test meter instead
My clinical picture is further complicated in that I may have a rare inherited mitochondrial disease

Last edited: