• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Rapid Remission ME/CFS Treatments.

Which kind of D was that?
Will Pharma Cholecalciferol vitamine D3 800ie, from my GP, the 2 other brands I got from the drugstore did little or even the opposite! Also, (detoxifiying) magnesium did nothing for my MCS while my D was low and works wonders now it's back up, yay.

Last edited:

sflorence

Will Pharma Cholecalciferol vitamine D3 800ie, from my GP, the 2 other brands I got from the drugstore did little or even the opposite! Also, (detoxifiying) magnesium did nothing for my MCS while my D was low and works wonders now it's back up, yay.

Thanks for responding!

I am still trying to understand what you meant. So you went into remission of CFS by simply supplementing a certain brand of D and also taking magnesium?

Or was it remission of CFS?

Thanks
-Stefan

Or was it remission of CFS?

Thanks
-Stefan

huh....uhm....but it's worsening the brainfog apparently, I could've swórn I posted this in a topic about Multiple Chemical Sensitivity....o_O:thumbdown::oops: anyway, nope M.E is still flourishing but that's the next and hopefully final hurdle:depressed:

sflorence

huh....uhm....but it's worsening the brainfog apparently, I could've swórn I posted this in a topic about Multiple Chemical Sensitivity....o_O:thumbdown::oops: anyway, nope M.E is still flourishing but that's the next and hopefully final hurdle:depressed:
Ah ok, thank you

I meant MCS on the second one, but it seems that you understood either way.

That is very interesting that a certain form of vitamin D reversed your MCS. I will have to try it.

Do you have a link to your thread?

Gingergrrl

@sflorence Sorry for the additional question but you had a complete reversal of MCS (I assume severe reactions to strong chemicals, odors, VOC's, perfumes etc) from using a certain brand of vitamin D? Is this what you meant?

yupsers @Gingergrrl, most deodorant/parfumes, new clothing, sunscreen, you name it. I give it a few more weeks but already shopping online for new outfits and spraying myself with anything lovely smelling, thought I'd end up in a (cotton) tent in our backyard, wearing old rags!

can't find the actual topic if it even ever existed outside of my head @sflorence

oh and don't forget the magnesium-calcium-zinc-boron

Last edited:

sflorence

thought I'd end up in a (cotton) tent in our backyard, wearing old rags!

Oh my, this made me laugh. This is exactly how I am. It sucks to be MCS to perfumes and such, but the worst is when you have MCS to clothing and materials...

Where can I buy this vitamin D? You RARELY hear of people fully recovering from MCS.

@soofke

perrier

Dr Goldstein and Dr Seastrunk have passed away. Is there anyone else doing their sort of work? And I wonder if their findings are being incorporated in the studies/ research being done in Stanford.

perrier

Where did you read that?
I read on the internet that Dr Seastrunk had passed away. I was looking to see if he was in practice. As for Dr Goldstein, I may be wrong there. I just kept reading he that he USED to do this and that. So, I could be wrong on this one, for sure.

Gingergrrl

yupsers @Gingergrrl, most deodorant/parfumes, new clothing, sunscreen, you name it. I give it a few more weeks but already shopping online for new outfits and spraying myself with anything lovely smelling, thought I'd end up in a (cotton) tent in our backyard, wearing old rags! @sflorence

@soofke Sorry I think I tagged the wrong person with my question but am glad you saw it anyway! So "Will Pharma Cholecalciferol vitamine D3 800ie" eliminated your MCS? Do you have MCS as part of mast cell disease or kind of separate on it's own? Prior to moving to our new apt and having to go back to a hotel, we bought a cot and sleeping bag for me b/c I was unable to tolerate all of the smells of where we were staying. I am okay with deoderants and natural make-up and no issues with clothing but I do not tolerate smells like VOC's, cigarettes, chemicals/cleaners, perfumes or colognes, strong food odors like raw onions, etc. I got to the point that smells alone were triggering reactions as bad as eating food (which was my worst trigger.) I am fascinated why a certain brand of Vit D would help this! I supplement daily with Vit D, 5000 IU of another brand.

Ah ok, thanks.
What are you trying?
the 1000iu by NOW Foods (starting tomorrow), but like gingergrrl is saying; a whole bunch of MCS'ers must be on D so I can't imagine they're all on the wrong brand and I happen to have some kind of magical right brand :cautious: but who knows!?

no mast cell, just ME, or more like a Post Viral Syndrome since me and my very alternative therapist and ME-doc got rid of all the bugs like EBV, mycoplasma etc, so maybe that's more of a difference than a particular kind of brand?

no or hardly food issues here, which is also weird right? how's the new, hopefully cotless, apartment? ;0)

Gingergrrl

but like gingergrrl is saying; a whole bunch of MCS'ers must be on D so I can't imagine they're all on the wrong brand and I happen to have some kind of magical right brand :cautious: but who knows!?

@soofke, first I love the quote in your avatar but I think I have told you this before! I tend to agree with you that no brand of Vit D could have magical powers to reverse MCAS or MCS but then again, stranger things have happened!

no mast cell, just ME, or more like a Post Viral Syndrome since me and my very alternative therapist and ME-doc got rid of all the bugs like EBV, mycoplasma etc, so maybe that's more of a difference than a particular kind of brand?

I suspect we are in different subgroups if you were able to get your EBV titers negative (which I cannot do thus far) and I was always negative for mycoplasma so this part we are different, too.

no or hardly food issues here, which is also weird right? how's the new, hopefully cotless, apartment? ;0)

I think this was addressed to me, and if so, yes, I no longer need the sleeping bag or cot in the new apt and am not allergic to anything so far in the new apt and it's been one week as of tomorrow.

perhaps I'm typing too soon but I usually know right away and after taking this vitamin D something feels 'off'; slight heart palpitations and sweating (could be the heatwave..) but will post an update in a week or so so I won't bother you guys (or go too off topic here) with every little palpitation in the meantime :p my own avatar reminds me sometimes that apparently this is not the end yet

*edit* an early upd8; already I can't clean the litterbox myself so gonna go back to the magical brand haha

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

yeah, my level was below 25, do you know yours? and is yours a prescription @Gingergrrl?

@soofke, so you switched brands and got negative symptoms back but now back on your original brand (which I assume was a prescription)?

My Vit D level drops off the charts unless I supplement it (have seen it as low as 4 and 8, etc). With 5000 IU's per day I got it up to 30 and with 10,000 IU's I got it above 60. So have dropped it back to 5000 IU's to see what happens. It is measured several times a year by my Endo who monitors my thyroid. I did take a prescription Vit D, many years ago but the last year or so have taken "Doctor's Best" Vit D3 which is just Vit D3 in an olive oil capsule. It was the purest one I could find without other additives or crap.

Sorry if you already explained this but the one you took that eliminated MCS for you was a prescription not OTC?