• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Jarred Younger - updates

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We don't seem to have a general thread for this.

Latest:

Younger said:
Sorry for the long delay in updates and videos. I've been traveling over the past few weeks in the northeast for a string of meetings.

There are many things happening now! I can't give details, but I was encouraged to see many new groups working on fibormyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Pharmacuetical companies are showing growing interest in developing better treatments for these conditions, which is matching the greater attention we are seeing from federal health organizations.

It has been a very long time coming, but I believe we are finally seeing a shift in emphasis that will lead to quicker discoveries and better treatments. More info coming soon!

- Jarred Younger

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1746809128930172&id=1543963919214695

Billt

He doesn't have a clinical practice so the only way for your son to go there would be to participate in his research.
Exactly Sushi, I had heard he was going to be doing more MRI research on the brain in the future. Since my son has severe brain fog, maybe they would include him in some of the research.
We are not that far from him so that would be a plus too. Anything we can do to advance research !!!

Kati

Patient in training
Exactly Sushi, I had heard he was going to be doing more MRI research on the brain in the future. Since my son has severe brain fog, maybe they would include him in some of the research.
We are not that far from him so that would be a plus too. Anything we can do to advance research !!!
Look up his website and get in contact with his research coordinator, there are great chances they are recruiting now, if not you can join their mailing list.

Billt

I've applied for specific studies. It is easy to do online. You fill out a questionnaire.
Thanks Kati and Sushi, I have already done this and we are just waiting. Maybe since both my son and myself have similar problems they will take us both ! We'll see, have not heard anything from them though....
Maybe we'll meet there !!!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
We'll see, have not heard anything from them though....
Maybe we'll meet there !!!!
I did hear back, though I don't remember the time-line. You won't meet me there though because I wasn't accepted for the study!

mango

Neuroinflammation Pain and Fatigue Laboratory at UAB on Facebook said:
We were awarded a new grant today!

The project will investigate brain temperature in individuals suffering from a traumatic brain injury. We think long-lasting neuroinflammation may prevent individuals with head trauma from returning to normal.

We hope to see neuroinflammation by assessing elevated brain temperature (see the "hot brain" video on our youtube channel for more information).

We are also testing this new brain imaging technique in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and in Rheumatoid Arthritis.

We hope to run these studies soon and get out some new information!

- Jarred Younger
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1756071484670603&id=1543963919214695

ETA: Here's a link to the "Hot brain" video:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This is a study in which each patient gives blood every day to try to find out what is driving variations in how PWME/fibro feel from day to day. (I think Nancy Klimas has taken a similar approach.)

It's an interesting video and well worth a listen. Thanks to Dr. Younger for the update!

Last edited:

Forbin

I'm unclear on whether these variations are also seen in healthy individuals. If healthy individuals had variations in the same range as patients, it would suggest that the problems lies not with the variations themselves, but rather with patients' atypical reactions to these variations. To have an effect on the symptoms, you might have to reduce leptin (for example) to some level that is lower than what is found in a healthy individual.

Last edited: