• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Joint response from advocates/organisations to NIH RFI

dreampop

I'm confused. We don't know how much money they will be handing out to us in 2016? But that's half-over! Shouldn't we know how much money will be allotted in 2016 by some time in 2015?

Yeah I had a thread asking about that recently. Its sort of a small thing on the scale of things but its frustrating that we can't see spending until the year's end.

aaron_c

Yeah I had a thread asking about that recently. Its sort of a small thing on the scale of things but its frustrating that we can't see spending until the year's end.

Thanks dreampop. If it's just semantics then I'm not really concerned. Did you find out if this is a fairly normal way for them to do things?

dreampop

Thanks dreampop. If it's just semantics then I'm not really concerned. Did you find out if this is a fairly normal way for them to do things?
You can search the reporter database (the nih database) for current grants (i think) but you can't search for ones approved by the CFS special Emphasis panel. I couldn't find any new studies just searching for CFS but maybe I did it poorly. As I said in my post, the new grants have been nice, but are mostly replacing old grants so we have no way of knowing if the NIH increased CFS spending for a given year until that years end.