• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Thre

JaimeS

Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Three Case Reports

(Link under the title)

TOSHIO INUI1,2,3, KENTARO KUBO2, DAISUKE KUCHIIKE1,2 YOSHIHIRO UTO1, TAKAHITO NISHIKATA4, NORIHIRO SAKAMOTO5 and MARTIN METTE3

+ Author Affiliations:
  1. 1Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, Tokushima University, Tokushima, Japan
  2. 2Saisei Mirai Cell Processing Center, Osaka, Japan
  3. 3Inui Immunotherapy Clinic, Osaka, Japan
  4. 4Frontiers of Innovative Research in Science and Technology (FIRST), Konan University, Kobe, Japan
  5. 5Division of Food and Drug Evaluation Science, Department of Community Medicine and Social Healthcare Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Correspondence to: Dr. Toshio Inui and Mr. Martin Mette, Inui Cancer Immunotherapy Clinic, 6-14-17 Kindacho, Moriguchi-shi, 570-0011, Japan. Tel/Fax: +81 669025251, e-mail: contact@saisei-mirai.or.jp

Abstract
Background: Gc protein-derived macrophage-activating factor (GcMAF) immunotherapy has been steadily advancing over the last two decades. Oral colostrum macrophage-activating factor (MAF) produced from bovine colostrum has shown high macrophage phagocytic activity. GcMAF-based immunotherapy has a wide application for use in treating many diseases via macrophage activation or for use as supportive therapy. Results: Three case studies demonstrate that oral colostrum MAF can be used for serious infection and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) without adverse effects. Conclusion: We demonstrate that colostrum MAF shows promising clinical results in patients with infectious diseases and for symptoms of fatigue, which is common in many chronic diseases.

ErdemX

I'm thinking about trying this new form of GcMaf. Martin Mette from Saisei-Mirai mentioned that it's very promising, but it's best to use GcMaf with combination of some other therapies (like ozone therapy). As they are mainly a cancer clinic, they use GcMaf with at least three or four different therapy options.

By the way, I wasn't able to get a proper information about how strong it is compared to their 1500ng / 0.5 ml injectable GcMaf. It's used daily as two tablets and I think this might equal a 2 times 0.25 ml injection weekly.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I wasn't able to get a proper information about how strong it is compared to their 1500ng / 0.5 ml injectable GcMaf.
That is the part that scared me re: Saisei-Mirai's GcMAF since I am only able to tolerate 25 ngs and 25 - 50 ngs is a typical dose for an ME/CFS patient.

Rrrr

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Whoa, I'm not on the forums much lately and thus I did not even know there was an oral GcMAF available. Is it GcMAF or is it colostrum?
I don't know anything about it. My guess is that it is something like MAF314. Dr. Cheney used to use the Dutch GcMAF--forget the name, but it isn't available right now.

JaimeS

@Rrrr , I think it's a new thing that they're pioneering, or it wouldn't still be a the "three clinical case studies" phase of research. ;)

I think it's derived from bovine colostrum, which must contain some macrophage-activating factors.

-J

girlinthesnow

Injectable GcMAF initiated severe microglial (?) activation in my brain, giving me seizures which I'd never experienced before. I gave myself one low dose injection a week for 16 weeks, four years later my brain has not recovered.

ukxmrv

It's very interesting because it talks about both a MAF powder and an enteric capsule

"Saisei Mirai developed a new form of macrophage-activating factor (MAF) made from colostrum in collaboration with the Tokushima University. This new form, referred to as colostrum MAF, is manufactured using bovine colostrum instead of human serum (4). It is administered orally in an acid-resistant enteric capsule to activate macrophages in the gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) and as a powder in the mouth to activate macrophages in the lymphoid tissue of the mouth and throat, known as the Waldeyer's tonsillar ring or pharyngeal lymphoid ring."

A capsule would certainly be more convenient than having to buy the ingredients and brewing up the MAF314 or 878.

I remember that when I took the MAF314 I was told to try gargling with it before swallowing. This was to try and activate the Waldeyer's tonsillar ring etc I found out later on.

(really sorry to read Girlinthesnow of how very badly just that one course of GCMAF made you so very much worse and for so long too)

Last edited:
@ErdemX @ukxmrv Is this the product you are talking about?

https://naturalsolutions.nz/shop/14-1-x-colostrum-maf-60-caps.html

It says here that it has 100ng of Macrophage Activating Factor in each tablet. I am currently on a .25 ml injection per week of the GcMAF Kenny De Meirleir sells out of his clinic: I have no idea how strong that is. It says that you can take the tablets sublingually, so I assume cutting up a capsule would be an option. I am running low on GcMAF and so am seriously considering this or the transdermal cream that is also available here in Australia, but would like to know more about both.

JaimeS

@ErdemX @ukxmrv Is this the product you are talking about?

https://naturalsolutions.nz/shop/14-1-x-colostrum-maf-60-caps.html

It says here that it has 100ng of Macrophage Activating Factor in each tablet. I am currently on a .25 ml injection per week of the GcMAF Kenny De Meirleir sells out of his clinic: I have no idea how strong that is. It says that you can take the tablets sublingually, so I assume cutting up a capsule would be an option. I am running low on GcMAF and so am seriously considering this or the transdermal cream that is also available here in Australia, but would like to know more about both.

...the PRICE. I gasped aloud!

-J

...the PRICE. I gasped aloud!

-J

This is where I get confused, because the price for 100ng of GcMAF on the FirstImmune website is given as 80 Euro (for injection). I also paid around 80 Euro for a vial from KDM. This product claims 100ng per tablet, and they are suggesting two tablets a day, where a vial lasts me around six weeks. So it doesn't all really add up to me, unless they are recommending an extremely high dose, or the tablets just aren't absorbed as well as the injections.

JaimeS

Welll, I've tried Lactoferrin and Colostrum. It's immune activating, but I have to take it in a very balanced / self-aware manner. If I have overactive immune symptoms, I have to skip it. If I have hypoactive immune symptoms, I have to take it.

aaron_c

If I have overactive immune symptoms, I have to skip it. If I have hypoactive immune symptoms, I have to take it.

Thanks @JaimeS. So what are those symptoms? And if the assumption is that one's macrophages aren't doing enough, wouldn't taking some GcMAF or maybe just colostrum cause a (hopefully temporary) worsening of symptoms?

I didn't realize lactoferrin was immune activating--I thought it just bound iron to keep it away from bacteria.

JaimeS

Thanks @JaimeS. So what are those symptoms? And if the assumption is that one's macrophages aren't doing enough, wouldn't taking some GcMAF or maybe just colostrum cause a (hopefully temporary) worsening of symptoms?

I didn't realize lactoferrin was immune activating--I thought it just bound iron to keep it away from bacteria.

Good questions, aaron_c.

1) Symptoms of hyperactive immune system:

a) trouble breathing is my #1. My IgE is high already, and if my immune system goes into OVER-overdrive, I stop being able to breathe.​

Noticeable.​

b) fever. I normally can't mount much of an immune response, so if I actually have a fever it's very odd for me.
2) Symptoms of hypoactive immune system

a) tongue crapola. If my immune system refuses to do its job I get mouth nastiness.

b) exhaustion. Beyond even ME levels of exhaustion. Not being able to keep my eyes open, not being able to move.​

3) So wouldn't that make your symptoms worse?

Yes.

That's why when my immune system is hyper-activated, I avoid this supplement. Otherwise I take it regularly, and I'm taking it more often than I'm not.

-J