• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 low body temperature connection

Hello.

I had a blood test done and get this results:

Methyl Malonic Acid: 0,62 umol/L Ref: 0,08 – 0,56 umol/L

B12: 997 pg/ml Ref: 211 – 911 pg/ml

This results I get without supplementing b12. So I have High b12 and high MMA.

My symptoms are fatigue, low body temperature and pain on legs.

Since I had low body temperature, I starting taking thyroid hormone, but this don’t worked, my temperature don’t increased and I get hyperthyroid symptoms (weight loss, anxiety, etc).

Starting taking methylb12, 5.000 mcg, but I feel worse whit it, fell sleepy and fatigued.

So I switched to hydroxyb12, 1.000 mcg, don’t feel worse, but don’t feel better either.

What can I do?

My real doubt is if b12 deficiency can lower your body temperature? Since I don’t respond to thyroid therapy, maybe the cause of my cold body is the b12.

If methyl gives me sleepy, should I take it at night?

Has someone here increased his body temperature whit b12?

Thank you very much.

frog_in_the_fog

Test Subject
My symptoms are fatigue, low body temperature and pain on legs.
The symptoms you describe are a subset of my own, I have not found anything that works.
I have been taking vitamin supplements for years but my body temp has remained lower since the onset of my illness. I too want to know what can be done, since my doctor has said not to worry about it.

I have started on CoQ10, this gives me a burst of energy, but then I crash real hard afterwards.