• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help with opinions on these medicines to kill intestinal amoeba - thanks!

Hi guys. I was recently diagnosed by stool test at DRG Labs with an overgrowth of Entaemoba Histolytica. I think I have finally found the cause of my symptoms [GI problems mainly, and muscle twitches, sleep problems, stiff hands, some other minor issues].

I thought I had Lyme or Bartonella but I don't think so anymore. And I dont have bad fatigue or suspect anything like CFS/ME. So I'm putting together a strong anti protozoal/anti Entamoeba protocol, as I believe this is the root cause of my symptoms and I've heard this is a hardy organism that is very resilient.

I am already taking Doxy, Malarone, Mepron, and Tindamax with no changes in symptoms after almost 5 weeks.

I was hoping to take the following drugs, in addition to my current regimen, all at the same time to destroy these hardy intestinal organisms and any in my bloodstream:

Alinia [1000mg twice a day, 3 weeks on ,1 week off]
Ivermectin [12mg per day]
Primaquine [for the liver ones]
Pyrantel Pamoate Liquid- ???
Paramomycin- ????
Diiodohydroxyquinoline [Yodoxin]- ???
Flagyl [500mg three times a day, 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off]

I used the drugs.com interactions checker and there were no interactions for all of this. And all of my organs are healthy and just got a healthy CBC/chem panel back. Want to knock this out for good.

Can anyone recommend the above stuff to be taken daily? I already put in brackets from my research what the appropriate doses are for Alinia, Flagyl and Ivermectin, but the others? Any advice? Are any of the above listed drugs not supposed to be taken every day for weeks/months on end? Thanks

Last edited:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Can anyone recommend the above stuff to be taken daily? I already put in brackets from my research what the appropriate doses are for Alinia, Flagyl and Ivermectin, but the others? Any advice? Are any of the above listed drugs not supposed to be taken every day for weeks/months on end? Thanks

@ram2390, you really need a doctor to give you advice for treating this. I assume you've been all over the Internet looking for answers, but just in case you missed it, here's one article that does discuss treatment:
Diagnosis and Management of Amebiasis
http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/5/1117.long#sec-5

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi guys. I was recently diagnosed by stool test at DRG Labs with an overgrowth of Entaemoba Histolytica.
I had this same parasite and yes, it is an unpleasant one. I saw a parasitologist and he prescribed Paromomycin and Doxycycline for 10 days--parasite gone as confirmed by followup blood tests, bowel wall scapings and cessation of symptoms.
I am already taking Doxy, Malarone, Mepron, and Tindamax with no changes in symptoms after almost 5 weeks.
I was hoping to take the following drugs, in addition to my current regimen, all at the same time to destroy these hardy intestinal organisms and any in my bloodstream:
I think you need expert medical treatment here. From my experience, that could be overkill with resultant side-effects and messed up gut flora. With a parasite like this, it is important to have the right medications--ones specific to the infection. More medications are not likely to have a better outcome.

Rrrr

Hi guys. I was recently diagnosed by stool test at DRG Labs with an overgrowth of Entaemoba Histolytica. I think I have finally found the cause of my symptoms [GI problems mainly, and muscle twitches, sleep problems, stiff hands, some other minor issues].

I thought I had Lyme or Bartonella but I don't think so anymore. And I dont have bad fatigue or suspect anything like CFS/ME. So I'm putting together a strong anti protozoal/anti Entamoeba protocol, as I believe this is the root cause of my symptoms and I've heard this is a hardy organism that is very resilient.

Alinia [1000mg twice a day, 3 weeks on ,1 week off]
Ivermectin [12mg per day]
Primaquine [for the liver ones]
Pyrantel Pamoate Liquid- ???
Paramomycin- ????
Diiodohydroxyquinoline [Yodoxin]- ???
Flagyl [500mg three times a day, 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off]

I used the drugs.com interactions checker and there were no interactions for all of this. And all of my organs are healthy and just got a healthy CBC/chem panel back. Want to knock this out for good.

@ram2390
Hi, I just recently took Ivermectin. I took between 1 and 5 pills each time I took it, and each pill is 3 mg each. When I took the 5 pills (just once), I threw up. Perhaps I threw up due to something else, but I did see nausea as a side effect of Ivermectin. So after that, I stuck with three pills (or 3 mg each). And I took it either once a week or twice a week. It has actually helped my ME, tho I took it for another reason.

I just got treated by a coarse of allinia for parasites. I was recently diagnosed with neurolyme although I am seronegative. My parasites are gone . I took allinia and mebebazole ( sorry spelling) for a few days 2 weeks apart.
My doctor said that she would not treat the Lyme until I am clear of the parasites

. I am now on a Lyme herbal cocktail. I am going to an alternative doctor who treats Lyme with mostly herbs. My dr is a medical doctor The Chung Institute ( Moorestown NJ). I am also gluten free. And am taking cholrrella ( was on Cholestyramine) .
I did treat myself in the past with metronidazole for 10 days. I was on diflucan for a month and doxycycline for a month. I was making headway on my own when I relapsed and consulted an alternative medical doctor.
I would not take metronidazole long term.

I made great progress with mold avoidance but am stuck in nj due to family obligations.
I am now gaining much ground again and still in NJ.