• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can I find more info on MAO-A s1137070?

Peyt

Hi,
Is there any information that shows which supplements would help this SNP(if activated)?
Particularly looking for supplements that can help convert Norepenephrine to it's next cycle(so it does not build up). Magnesium Citrate is somewhat helping by reducing my anxiety and improve sleep at night (Natural Calm) but I am hoping by understanding this SNP better I might be able to find some more supplements that helps this issue. Particularly blood vessel constrictions and blood flow reduction in the kidney and throughout the body that is caused by Excess NE buildup.
Thanks so much.
Peyt

Peyt

Both variants of that SNP create exactly the same result. It does nothing.
That's not the point.... Even if this SNP means nothing it still does not negate the fact that some people have excess NE that is causing problems for them.
Do you know anything that can help with excess NE??

Peyt

I'm linking a couple conversations that might be helpful. I found FMN, activated form of B2, helped me decrease need for antioxidants and antihistamines, seemingly linked to MAO.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...lation-protocol-srmp.36344/page-2#post-586710
selfhacked.com/2014/12/07/about-mao-a-and-what-to-do-if-you-have-the-warrior-gene/#

Thanks for your post.
So based on this diagram: https://i2.wp.com/selfhacked.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screenshot-2014-12-08-23.44.16.png
COMT and MAO work together as far as Dopamine and NE is concerned. Unfortunatly I have both COMT++ and 1 MAO++

According to this study Magnesium inhibits norepinephrine release by blocking N-type calcium channels at peripheral sympathetic nerve endings: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15477382

Valentijn

That's not the point.... Even if this SNP means nothing it still does not negate the fact that some people have excess NE that is causing problems for them.
If it's not the point, why is the title about that SNP? And your post states that you want to understand more about this SNP, so I explained that the SNP does nothing.

I answered what seems to be your primary question, so maybe you could explain why you don't actually care about it. Or maybe you have a completely different question which actually has nothing to do with SNPs?

Peyt

If it's not the point, why is the title about that SNP? And your post states that you want to understand more about this SNP, so I explained that the SNP does nothing.

I answered what seems to be your primary question, so maybe you could explain why you don't actually care about it. Or maybe you have a completely different question which actually has nothing to do with SNPs?

I don't care about it because you seem to answer this for every snp question and post on this site and since I have basically changed my life just by addressing my CBS++ using info on this site and hearfixer I don't believe your claims of these snps doing nothing is actually correct(and i don't give a crap about the research, my own life is the best research there is out there for me) . It was my mistake to even reply to your comment. I should have ignored it.

Valentijn

I don't believe your claims of these snps doing nothing is actually correct
Interesting. Please do explain how a synonymous variant in the coding section of a gene has an impact on the functioning of that gene. It would also be nice to know why you believe the research into the harmless SNPs is faulty.

Just because a treatment works for some people, doesn't meant that a specific cause is proven. And in the case of the Yasko CBS SNPs, etc, that cause is actually disproven, so it makes much more sense to look elsewhere for a cause.

alicec

I don't believe your claims of these snps doing nothing is actually correct(and i don't give a crap about the research,

It's entirely your prerogative to believe that the world is flat but, if you do, you can't expect anyone else to take you seriously.

Last edited:

Peyt

It's entirely your prerogative to believe that the world is flat but, if you do, you can't expect anyone else to take you seriously.

Is this why I am getting messages from members in my mailbox in regards to lowering NE? One of them said she prefers to send me the info privately so she does not have to deal with antagonistic people on this board.. wonder who those might be!

alicec

Is this why I am getting messages from members in my mailbox in regards to lowering NE

I hope that some of the suggestions help you. I agree that excessive production of NE can cause problems, but this has nothing to do with the SNP you were asking about.