• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Bday is coming up, I can do a Facebook "event", What should I do?

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
I'm sorry, I don't know much about Facebook either. But I wanted to say that raising awareness sounds like a great idea. And, most important, Happy Birthday! :balloons:

hellytheelephant

Great idea! You can make an event by clicking the More button under your cover photo and then clicking the create event button. You could have a sponsored event- everyone who writes you a Happy B'day message donates to an ME charity. Or a synchronized meditation for healing for all those affected. Or prayer. Depends on what sort of angle you want to take...
You can also look on FB for the blue awareness ribbon and add that to your profile picture.

Happy B'day BTW:balloons::cake::wine::music::tulip:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Great idea to raise awareness - I also have no suggestions - not au fait with FB events, but I hope yours goes well AND you enjoy your birthday. A friend of mine with M.E had a FB birthday party and everyone at home with M.E put face paints on and took photos of themselves 'at' the party.

Effi

@*GG* happy birthday! :)

A Dutch fellow patient used her birthday to make her Facebook friends sign and share an important ME advocacy petition: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ke-a-minute-to-sign-please.44475/#post-733148

It's her birthday today, and yesterday she asked not to get birthday messages or presents this year, but all she wanted was that as many people as possible would share her fB message and sign the Dutch petition (and ask their friends on facebook to do the same), a petition that is so important for her and other ME patients.

*GG*

I'm sorry, I don't know much about Facebook either. But I wanted to say that raising awareness sounds like a great idea. And, most important, Happy Birthday! :balloons:

thanks, I know lots of people are not, I am not on it much. Basically for Political rantings and advocacy as well.

GG

Gingergrrl

@*GG* Am still just barely learning how to use FB and have not yet joined myself (this is on my long list of goals...) but wish you the best with your advocacy event and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY in case I missed it!

P.S. I was briefly very confused when you changed your screen name b/c I often use "GG" as short hand for "Gingergrrl" but don't want to confuse anyone! It's a great abbreviation, you have good taste LOL.