• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jen Brea giving TED talk on 27 June

panckage

That's pretty amazing. I wonder if a small local protest could occur? It could get good publicity and with an election coming up...

Last edited:

Old Bones

Earlier, I read that Jen Brea's talk at the Banff TED summit TOMORROW would be "live-streamed". I've looked for a link allowing me to watch, but haven't found anything. Perhaps my interpretation of live-streamed is incorrect. Or, perhaps it is only available to members of the TED organization.

@JaimeS Can you shed some light on this? (It looks like the reference to live-streamed has been removed from the original #ME Action notice.)

Last edited:

Bob

Earlier, I read that Jen Brea's talk at the Banff TED summit TOMORROW would be "live-streamed". I've looked for a link allowing me to watch, but haven't found anything. Perhaps my interpretation of live-streamed is incorrect. Or, perhaps it is only available to members of the TED organization.

@JaimeS Can you shed some light on this? (It looks like the reference to live-streamed has been removed from the original #ME Action notice.)
People were saying that it would be live-streamed but Jen posted a tweet clarifying that it wouldn't be live-streamed. So it was a misunderstanding. Hopefully it will be available as a video shortly afterwards.

JaimeS

The original comment of 'live streamed' was a mistake. I removed from the article an hour or two after posting, but didn't realize that the FB post still said it (I edit the articles, but someone else summarizes them into FB posts). Many got a mistaken impression because of that. Mea culpa!

And yes, @Bob , hopefully it will be posted to YouTube or similar after the fact. :)

-J

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, @Bob - I hadn't thought about being able to follow things via TED's own Twitter feed, although it doesn't seem to have much detail about individual talks. Interesting, though:

https://twitter.com/TEDTalks

Jen's talk seems to be part of a session beginning at 11:15 a.m. MDT, which is 6:15 p.m. UK time.