• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australia - "Rule change leads to plunge in disability pension claims"

Richard7

It does not really suprise me, scares me yes, but it is what happens with changes in government.

I knew someone who worked at certrelink when word came down to change from looking at every applicant to find a way to deny them a benefit to looking at every applicant to work out what benefit they were entitled to.

Even when the official policies and regulations do not change changes at the top can have a major impact on people dependent on these agencies.

Oh, this is so funny!

newyorker said:
....Across the United Kingdom on Friday, Britons mourned their long-cherished right to claim that Americans were significantly dumber than they are.

Luxuriating in the superiority of their intellect over Americans’ has long been a favorite pastime in Britain, surpassing in popularity such games as cricket, darts, and snooker.

.... In the face of this startling display of national idiocy, Dorrinson still mustered some of the resilience for which the British people are known. “This is a dark day,” he said. “But I hold out hope that, come November, Americans could become dumber than us once more.”