• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal Glandular

Thinktank

No it gave me too many highs and lows so I do much better on 5mg Prednisolone and 2.5 mg hydrocortisone in the afternoon.
Have you ever tested your DHEA after so many years on prednisolone? Also, do you take a calcium supplement with it to prevent calcium loss?

bertiedog

Have you ever tested your DHEA after so many years on prednisolone? Also, do you take a calcium supplement with it to prevent calcium loss?

Yes and it's perfect regarding the DHEA, it used to be sky high before treatment. There is calcium in my good multi plus I eat lots of calcium rich foods. Also I have taken lots of magnesium daily which is important with bone health. When I had a DEXA scan I was told I had the bones of a 30 year old despite being 63 at the time!

Pam

poohsilk

Never gives up
@poohsilk , could I please ask you more about the B6. B6 really took down my cortisol.
Paralee, There was B6 in many supplements I was taking. It only totaled 86mg/day all together, nonetheless, my blood levels were very high, over 100. So, the Doc warned me about that and said it can cause nerve damage. I have read others experience with the nerve damage as well. I thought I felt better for awhile after stopping but...alas...

Paralee

@poohsilk , thank you for your reply. My morning cortisol dropped from 24.0 to 4.6. I think I was double smacked with Cipro and B6. I've tried to remember which came first, but so far the chicken and the egg seems easier to figure out.

My chiro had me order some adrenals from Biotics but they make me shaky. I had heard before that one shouldn't get the adrenals, get the other part, I guess that's the cortex, but it sounds like they make one shaky also.

And since Cipro there are few supplements I can take. I hope you do well with your B6, a lot of people do, I think.