• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live tweeting from IiME conference, Friday 3 June 2016

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hoping to get some interesting stuff tomorrow! :woot::woot::woot:

@Mark said he's going to be tweeting using Phoenix Rising's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/aboutmecfs

Here's IiME's own Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Invest_in_ME

...and we should be able to find other tweets with the conference hashtag:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/IIMEC11?src=hash

Here's the programme:

08.55 IiME - Welcome to IIMEC11

09:00 Dr Ian Gibson - 10 years – Looking Back, Looking Forward

09:15 Dr Vicky Whittemore - Keynote Speech: NIH Research into ME

09:35 Professor Olli Polo - Clinical Diagnosis of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

10:00 Professor Carmen Scheibenbogen - Autoantibodies to adrenergic and acetylcholine receptors in CFS/ME

10.30 Break

11:00 Dr Jo Cambridge - Immunoregulation in patients with ME

11.25 Professor Tom Wileman - Gut Virome in ME

11:50 Dr Don Staines - Update from NCNED: Receptor identification and intracellular signalling

12.25 Professor Simon Carding - European ME Research Group

12.45 Lunch

13.45 Professor Mady Hornig - Pathogen Discovery in ME

14:25 Professor Maureen Hanson - The Search for Biomarkers for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

14:55 Professor Elisa Oltra - Molecular Biomarkers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

15.20 Break

15:50 Professor James Baraniuk - Exercise testing and orthostatic tachycardia

16.20 Professor Ron Davis - Big Data Approach: Severely ill ME Patient Cohort

17.00 Dr Ian Gibson - Plenary Session Status of ME Research

17.30 Adjourn​

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Gingergrrl

Sounds like a phenomenal conference! I don't know how to use Twitter but will read about it as you guys discuss it in here. Am interested in Prof Schiebenbogen's work with autoantibodies and recent plasmapheresis & IVIG study. I think this is the subgroup that I belong to as best I can figure out!

Kati

Patient in training
The conference has started:

Tweet from @aboutmecfs : #IIMEC11 First up Dr. Ian Gibson - Conference chair

Undisclosed

NHS doesn't even officially record # of ME cases in the UK -- Gibson says this is disrespectful. Talking about how it's appalling that ME isn't seriously discussed worldwide. Research collaboration among countries is growing.

Undisclosed

Vicky Whittemore speaking now. Giving a brief history of her research and what the NIH does. Describing how NIH has basically ignored ME in the past. Not acceptable. Dr Navi now in charge of a study -- 40 individuals -- analyze every thing. Then expanding the study -- other patients, other institutions.

Undisclosed

It's nice to hear somebody from the NIH saying they have not taken us seriously for years -- now 24 agencies involved, research money, collaboration etc. Whittemore -- funding over the years has been pathetic. NIH is requesting information how money would be best spent, priorities etc.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sounds like a phenomenal conference! I don't know how to use Twitter but will read about it as you guys discuss it in here. Am interested in Prof Schiebenbogen's work with autoantibodies and recent plasmapheresis & IVIG study. I think this is the subgroup that I belong to as best I can figure out!

You don't need to know anything about Twitter (fortunately for me!) or need a Twitter account. If you just click on those links I gave you, you'll see all the posts on those people's Twitter feeds and if you click on the hashtag link, you'll get what everyone is posting who has included the conference hashtag (identifier) in their Twitter post.