• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stem Cell Therapy - Thoughts and Experiences

Justin30

Hi Everyone,

Years ago Chenney brought groups to get Stem Cell Treatment abroad with mixed results.

Chenney now appears to be working with Ron Davis and Dr Naviaux....

I was looking at treatments for Mito disease and found that Stem Cells can turn on and off genes. They are looking at this as a treatment for such diseases but say treatment with Stem Cells for Mito Diseases is a decade away.

Has anyone on PR had a Stem Cell treatment or know someone that has?

I want to hear your thoughts on this therapy and if you have heavily researched it?

Thanks

ErdemX

The Lyme / chronic illness clinic Infusio uses Stem Cell Therapy in Germany and United States and I am a bit sceptical about their claims, especially about how scientific it is. They take blood from the patient and they claim that they extract stem cells from the blood, somehow multiply and empower them and then give them back to the patient.

Is that a scientifically approved treatment that is being applied in other clinics and hospitals? Is it one of the new immune therapies that uses cutting edge technology or is it some kind of pseudoscience? I would love to hear more from patients..

trickthefox

The process of autologous adipose stem cells isn't pseudoscience in itself, whilst the methods of extraction on the surface are quite look quite crude, if you google it you will see that they are doing some pretty big things with this method of extraction.

Stem Cells are probably going to be the future of medicine, they are regrowing heart, brain, muscle, joint, cartalige, and avoiding having to give transplants, but it still is in the very early stages, so those of us who undertake treatment do so with the knowledge that we are at the very early stages of scientific research on this.

The big question, which science has not been able to give a concrete answer yet is weather or not chronic lyme is mainly to do with immune dysfunction or bacteremia, or perhaps a combination of the two. If its the former then Stem cells would potentially help as pluripotent stemcells can help restore homeostasis to faulty toll like receptors and help support mitrochondria until the body can healthily produce its own . Or perhaps it would restore immune function enough to deal with bacteremia also

I am lucky to have been given this opportunity without putting too much money on the line, I am going in for surgery on wednesday. From the people I've spoken to, it has mixed reviews, like any lyme treatment. For some it has provide complete remission, others not so much. I met a guy who was going to have a hip replacement and following stem cell therapy (an injection straight into the hip) he has been pain free for the first time in 10 years.

I feel it may be a case of not the be all and end all, but I'll never say never, but it seems a useful treatment to repair any damage done through years of chronic illness non the less. For my personal case, I am remaining un-expectant, just curious, and excited to be one of the few people delving into this medicine of the future. any benefits will be a huge bonus.

Last edited:

trickthefox

The coolest thing, beyond my own journey, has been learning about stem cells! It seems that the scientists are cottoning on to the fact that this could potentially be the answer to how to slow down ageing, possibly tenfold

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Has anyone on PR had a Stem Cell treatment or know someone that has?
Yes, a friend of mine went to Panama 3 times for stem cell treatment. She had an initial period of a few months when she was a lot better but each time she regressed to her "normal" sick state--and she remains there.

trickthefox

I believe Panama is different in that it uses foreign stem cells rather than your own - but I may be wrong. I believe they use embryonic which comes with its own ethical questions. Autologous seems safer as there is no chance of your body rejecting them, and they have shown to be just as effective for certain things. There is also a misconception that stem cells are all the same. So when someone hears that they didn't work for someone they might completely write them off which isn't necessarily all that wise, as I believe they are like a very useful tool in a toolkit rather than a panacea. Stem cells can be harvested from virtually all organs of the body, even the skin under the right chemical and biological processes, and each extraction will have differentiating cells/growth factors/immune factors, and different stem cells have their own unique mechanisms of action, also the site and method of administration I believe is a factor. The pluripotent cells have a wider potential of what they can become and posses their own intelligence and will seek out the areas of damage, and will change into what they need to become accordingly (tissue, cartalidge, immune cells etc.) they work to provide support to your dysfunctioning cells until some kind of homeostasis is restored.

My plan is to unergo treatment - see how things pan out, if they dont go quite as positivley as I hope I will add in a regime of pulsed antitibiotics and anti-inflamatories taken from the burriscano/Jemsek lyme protocoll, and perhaps look into mesenchymal stem cells harvested from blood or bone marrow - then try to see if I can stabalise my condition for longer than 2 months then if achievable I will add stem cells in once more after being 2 months symptom free as a kind of insurance policy. Always good to have a plan B :)

Peace!

Last edited:

Justin30

@trickthefox sounds like an awesome plan.

Where abouts are you having this done if you dont mind sharing?

The Center in Panama uses all three types M, S and BM stem cells. Its owned by an american company and supposedly meets US standards.

I like your plan....so I remember you mentioned they are doing surgery I guess lipo to collect cells....do they keep you awake if so?

I so hope this works for you.

Thanks,

Justin

trickthefox

How they are primed is also a factor

Stem cells are basically cells which don't have a function yet, how much potential usually depends where there harvested from, so a cell in the fertilised egg had a capacity to become an entire human, an ebryo has slighly less potential, then an adult cell has less than that - so on and so forth - but they have ways of priming various cells to dictate how they operate within the human body. These priming methods will vary vastly from clinic to clinic, as will the process of cell seperation etc. so the quality between clinics can differ massively. They are also able to take cells from the skin and through various chemical and biological processes make them operate the same way as embryonic cells! It's pretty incredible

Also there is the factor of what the person was doing after stem cells - if you combine stem cells with an antimicrobal treatment, or an immune modulation drug you are essentially taking the burden off the immune system which may not necessarily be the wisest thing when dealing with stem cells because what your trying to do is get the body to do everything by itself again :) Just thoughts for anyone who might be interested in going down this route!

trickthefox

Come out of surgery, had the liposuction whilst on some localised anesthetic, felt bizzare but filled my ears with loud drum and bass music which helped :) Feeling quite sore but positive, the doctors said it's a long process and to expect to feel discomfort when my cell to cell signaling starts improving and my immune function starts coming back online. It seems any protocol is a long one with lyme, what im grateful for is that this one wont involve remembering to take various expensive pills/do various excersises/mindfullness excersises etc. its just a case of waiting to see if my body will do its thing!

Will keep everyone updated

trickthefox

Thanks man :)

The clinic I went to in the US use adipose (fat tissue) stem cells instead of blood cells (hematopoietic) as they believe they could be more appropriate for my condition, so in order to get the cells I had to undergo liposuction from the fatty tissue in my back