• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sigA test results

naoise

Hi

I got results back of stool tests but no clue how to read them. I'm going to my doctor in 4 weeks but would like to understand them before I do.
My sigA level is 1557 (ref of 510-2040)

I have a very bad gut with constant bloating, constipation etc.

Thanks

Justin30

Looks fine to me....do you have POTS? Causes lots of GI issues.....

Do you take betaine HCL for digestion of protein?

Do you take digestive enzymes for carbs and fats?

Have you tested for SIBO?

Have you had your GI Motility tested?

These are just things to think about..all can be indicators of constipation....

Bloating in the stomach maybe Betaine may help break things down ME patients are said to have low stomach acid. You can also use vitamin C to up stomach acid.

my SigA was incredibly low...

Im not a Dr so please look into this before trying.

dadouv47

Hi

I got results back of stool tests but no clue how to read them. I'm going to my doctor in 4 weeks but would like to understand them before I do.
My sigA level is 1557 (ref of 510-2040)

I have a very bad gut with constant bloating, constipation etc.

Thanks

At least for this one I think you shouldn't overthinking, it's a pretty good result in my humble opinion. Are you doing the MSA ( metagenomics stool analyses?). It could be very helpful to have a bigger picture/understanding of your guts problems.
Regards
David

naoise

@dadouv47 hi..yeah I getting other stool tests done but have yet to get results back. Oddly I was hoping that this one would be bad so at least is have answers!