• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raising Low Blood Pressure

I am trying to find ways to raise my blood pressure. I put a 1/2 tsp salt in every 500 ml water I drink, and I'm taking a bit of liciruce root but not much as too stimulating. I tried panax ginseng but too stimulating. I still have low bp.
I want to try pqq and Nadh but they both lower bp.

Any suggestions?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Any suggestions?
If you are found to have certain types of dysautonomia, doctors who are familiar with autonomic function and the low BP that often accompanies it, will sometimes prescribe vaso-constrictive medications or medications that increase blood volume. This works for some but not others.

Effi

@Catjbro I take salt and liquorice root too. But I also watch out for things that can lower my BP, like some herbal teas. If you're very sensitive, a simple cup of herbal tea can really affect your BP. (I also drink coffee btw, but that doesn't work well for everyone.)

u&iraok

I am trying to find ways to raise my blood pressure. I put a 1/2 tsp salt in every 500 ml water I drink, and I'm taking a bit of liciruce root but not much as too stimulating. I tried panax ginseng but too stimulating. I still have low bp.
I want to try pqq and Nadh but they both lower bp.

Any suggestions?

Are you drinking enough water? I measured how much I was drinking in a day and found I was drinking less than I thought I was. We need more water than the average person as I'm sure you know.

Try sleeping with your head slightly raised. Compression stockings might help.

Do you have adrenal problems? My low blood pressure improved when I treated my adrenals.

I drink about 2 litres a day maybe I'll try more. I do sleep with head elevated.

Yes, I have adrenal issues that I've been trying for years to address but to no avail.

Thanks for the info.

@Catjbro, if you think you might have some form of Orthostatic Intolerance (POTS or NMH) then this document from Johns Hopkins might help you (see attached PDF file).
I was thinking maybe OI but I'm also wondering if it's due to my adrenal fatigue. Thanks for the info will definitely check it out!

@Catjbro, if you think you might have some form of Orthostatic Intolerance (POTS or NMH) then this document from Johns Hopkins might help you (see attached PDF file).

After reading that I'm pretty sure I have OI or NMH. I've been taking my blood pressure first laying then standing and it always drops at least 25 points. Thanks for that!!