• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help with germany testing

douglasmich

Hello.

I have severe health issues that are invisible to the normal person. I have found the best doctor in my area who is a functional doctor with an interest in infections. I have severe connective tissue issues, fatigue, neurological problems. The whole works basically.

He has just done a HUGE amount of tests in AUstralia. Nothing came back.

He says my last hope is to do tests in germany. He mentioned things like EBV etc.

Does anyone know anything about this? I am FREAKING out over this. I know i have some sort of infection as i have recovered on a fever. But if i cant get a test to prove it im basically screwed !

thanks heaps

adelheid55

OK, so you don't have to travel to Germay which would have been very exhausting and expensive.
I'm not sure what you would like to know. Your blood will be tested for EBV. Our daughter's blood was tested for Borrelia by a German lab and it was OK.
Then her blood was tested once more in order of Dr. de Meirleir (a German as well) and it was positive.
This is the lab
http://www.arminlabs.com/de/services

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Yes I agree with adelheid55 - most likely he means Arminlabs or infectolab - many people send their blood there for testing from all over the world - their website is useful and they will respond to emails with help etc.

Mel9

Yes I agree with adelheid55 - most likely he means Arminlabs or infectolab - many people send their blood there for testing from all over the world - their website is useful and they will respond to emails with help etc.

In Australia our blood can now be tested for many pathogens including Borrelia ans other Lyme co-infections
At the Australian Ricketsia Reference Laboratory in Geelong, Victoria

douglasmich

I did all the australian tests for lyme etc and was all negative.

He mentioned 6 or 8 tests in germany. EBV was one.

Kati

Patient in training
Australia does not test for viral titers, as faras I know. CAnada does not measure titers unless you have HIV or post bone marrow transplant. Moreover HHV-6 is not considered pathogenic. It's a sad state of affairs.

adelheid55

Arminlabs was the one who found out our daughter had borrelias. As I said above, another German lab tested negative but AL tested very weak/borderline.

douglasmich

Arminlabs was the one who found out our daughter had borrelias. As I said above, another German lab tested negative but AL tested very weak/borderline.

Ok.

I dont think i have lyme, but im quite certain i have viruses. hopefully they pick them up

@adelheid55

i'm from germany as well and just saw that you travel to belgium for treatment. are you living near to belgium or haven't you found a good doctor in germany? i'm asking, because i'm searching for someone who knows how to treat mold illness, and other infections.

thanks and liebe grüße

luz

adelheid55

Our daughter has seen lots of doctors and has had many tests done. All that German doctors said was that she was depressive and should take antidepressants. She had MRI's and her liquor tested. I could see the latter wasn't OK, but was told I was wrong about this.
Now we have a DR., who knows about blood results and infections. I think this Dr. knows about molds as well as he tested our daughter for this.

Liebe Grüße zurück
Adelheid

dear adelheid,

thanks a lot for your reply. :)

he really tested her for mold? that's unbelievable. i do see 2 functional doctors in germany at the moment, they tested me for lyme etc., but told me that there's no testing for mold available in germany. but i found out that there's a belgium lab (again belgium ;-)) which does all the tests for mold illness. i sent them an e-mail today, asking if there's a doctor in germany who orders mold blood testing.

are you pleased with meirleirs' work? and how long did you have to wait till your first consultation? oh my, belgium is not near to where i live but if he knows how to treat mold...

lg

luz

adelheid55

Hi Luz,
yes, he tested her fot molds. What are functional doctors in German?
Up to now our daughter isn't better. But she is taking her medicines since end of February which is a short time because she has been ill for a very long time.
She had to wait 3 months for her firs appointment. And Upper Bavaria isn't near to Belgium.
We always go there with our motorhome so she can rest a lot.
Which Bundesland are you from?
LG
Adelheid