• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Canary" among docs chosen for 2016 yearlong fellowship

Old Bones

Some very good news for "Canary in a Coal Mine"!

http://filmmakermagazine.com/98450-ifp-announces-documentary-projects-annual-ifp-labs/#.VzOq8m4rLmE

May 9, 2016

"The Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP), Filmmaker‘s parent organization, announced today the ten documentaries selected for the 2016 IFP Filmmaker Labs, IFP’s annual yearlong fellowship for first-time feature directors. The creative teams of the selected films are currently attending the first week’s sessions – The Time Warner Foundation Completion Labs – taking place May 11-15 in New York City.

Canary in a Coal Mine

Jennifer, a Harvard PhD student, was signing a check at a restaurant when she found she 
could not write her own name. Months before her wedding, she became progressively more ill,
 losing the ability even to sit in a wheelchair. When doctors insisted that her condition was psychosomatic, she picked up her camera to document her own story and the stories of four other patients struggling with the world’s most prevalent orphan disease – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, often referred to as 
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 80% of its sufferers are women. Jennifer Brea(Director, Producer), Patricia Gillespie (Producer), Laura Vigilante(Impact Producer). Princeton, NJ."

barbc56

Fantastic!

I take it the Warner foundation is part of Warner Brothers? Very impressive!

Thanks!

Duh, Time Warner! Still very impressive!

Old Bones

I take it the Warner foundation is part of Warner Brothers?

Yes! From their website:

"The Time Warner Foundation is a private, nonprofit foundation that is wholly supported by Time Warner Inc. and its subsidiary companies Home Box Office, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. Its mission is to seek innovative and powerful ways to discover, nurture and celebrate the next generation of storytellers. Through its New Works/New Voices initiatives, the Foundation strives to build impactful partnerships with best-in-class nonprofit organizations that push the boundaries of artist development and support underrepresented storytellers. The Foundation's ultimate goal is the cultivation of an artistic community that is rich, vibrant and relevant to audiences of today and tomorrow."