• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Patients and professor publish biomedical ME/CFS paper

Dolphin

Patients and professor publish biomedical ME/CFS paper

May 1

<http://www.meaction.net/2016/05/01/patients-and-professor-publish-biomedical-mecfs-paper/>

Start:

Professor Jonathan Edwards, along with several ME/CFS patients and a carer with scientific backgrounds have co-authored a peer-reviewed editorial on the disease that appears in the latest issue of the journal Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior.

The article is titled, The biological challenge of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: a solvable problem. The paper has gained over 1600 views in the three days since publication, making it already Fatigue’s second most-read paper since the journal began in 2013.

The paper is an overview of the most promising developments in biomedical research into ME/CFS. The authors “call on the wider biomedical research community to actively target this condition” and make a “concerted effort.”

Last edited: