• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAIDS - aids like virus

starryeyes

I was sent this:

"All these viruses show similarities . We are not working on MAIDS anymore, but rather using another mouse model developed in our laboratory to study HIV-induced disease.

Dr Paul Jolicoeur M.D. PhD."

Isn't it interesting that he said that all these viruses are similar?

leelaplay

I was sent this:

"All these viruses show similarities . We are not working on MAIDS anymore, but rather using another mouse model developed in our laboratory to study HIV-induced disease.

Dr Paul Jolicoeur M.D. PhD."

Isn't it interesting that he said that all these viruses are similar?

It sure is - thanks for sharing this tee.

And also interesting that he's using a mouse-model virus - retrovirus??? - to study HIV-induced disease. Hmmmm I see pairallels with XMRV and XAND-induced disease.

BEG

I just emailed Jolicœur to ask about this study and it's similarity to XMRV and what became of it and is the 2001 date right?QUOTE]

How do ya'll make your letters o and e touch each other? and how are they pronounced? Sorry to be off topic. Thanks.

starryeyes

Firefox updated again last night! so I can't edit or use most of the features here. Plus it woke me up at 3 am!!

Anyway, the way I pronounce "œ" is "oh eh"... don't know if that's right or not.

So I would pronounce "Jolicœur" "Joh-lee-coer". I don't know if that is correct or not.

leelaplay

to be completely relevant here, I think his name means handsome heart

Jolicoeur

joli - handsome or pretty
coeur - heart

BEG

It's like 'jolly sir' but for an English speaker the 'y' in jolly would be like a soft 'i' (like 'in'). Does that make any sense?

OK, then. jol' li ser

Thanks, Julius (jul' yus) or should it be 3 syllables?

Tell Teej I've been hard at work copying and pasting my o's and e's to make them touch. No successes so far.:confused::confused::confused:

B. E. Girl

starryeyes

After looking it up I'm pretty sure it's a hard "c" as "cœur" is pronounced with a hard "c" when it means "heart".

I don't know if the rule's the same in French but in Spanish the letter "c" is hard when followed by a, o , u and soft when followed by i, or e.

So it's "ca, co cu" (k sound)

and "ce, ci" (s sound)

Here, Brown-eyed, copy and paste this: Jolicœur

That'll work for ya. :Retro smile:

Jerry S

How do ya'll make your letters o and e touch each other? and how are they pronounced? Sorry to be off topic. Thanks.

Hi Brown-eyed Girl,

On a Mac, you hold down the option (alt) key while hitting the letter q key.

Like this: œœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœ. Whœ! :Retro smile:

On a PC, you can use ANSI Character Codes, if you have a numeric keyboard with a number pad on the right side. Hold down the alt key and type 0156 on the number pad.

A complete list of ANSI and ASCII codes can be found at:

http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~george/ansi_ascii_character_chart.html

Best wishes,
Jrry

BEG

Thanks, too, teejkay and Koan and all the other experts who contributed to the o and e thing. I don't have a keypad or they would be touching!!

starryeyes

Browneyed girl, try going to the Start Menu on the lower left of your screen.

Then select Programs, then Accessories (up at the top) then System Tools, then Character Map.

Use the scroll bar in the Character Map and you can find "" and many other letters and symbols.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
All the Jolicoeurs I've known (there are a few in Canada) have used a soft c, but this guy may be a mouton noir. Ya never know.