• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

darroo

starting this now with 50mg amphoceritin ins a spry bottle disolved int o500ml and 0.75 chelading edta spray so ar after one spray of ampho i had a fever senstaiotn i took mesalzine NSAIDS to bring down fever anyone have this hot fever sensation when first starting?

ok, so I thought people on here might be interested. I have done the Brewer Protocol for close eleven months. I haven't noticed any real substantial improvement from it, but have had positive tricothecenes and ochratoxins with tricothecenes being the highest and of course, the creepiest.

As of about five months ago, I quit the protocol and rechecked my mold levels. I was shocked to see the tricothecenes have VANISHED!!! hallelujah! And from what I remember these are some of the hardest to budge?

What I don't understand is my ochratoxin level went up from 2.64ppb to 3.74.... This confuses me... WHY would I be higher in this?? If my tricothecene levels went down shouldn't this one as well?

I also have had my gliotoxin levels checked for the first and am positive at 2.0... I am not sure what gliotoxins are... but maybe the protocol DOES do something. I just don't understand why I don't feel any better. :( whaaa any thought on this Ifish? How is you and your family doing? http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?members/ifish.14058/

Is anyone in the UK able to follow this treatment ? My GP was totally uninterested, and unhelpful.
Where can I get Ampho-b, Nystatin, or Chelating RX - are there any helpful GPs or private Drs/clinics I can get in touch with ?

thanks for your help x

ok, so I thought people on here might be interested. I have done the Brewer Protocol for close eleven months. I haven't noticed any real substantial improvement from it, but have had positive tricothecenes and ochratoxins with tricothecenes being the highest and of course, the creepiest.

As of about five months ago, I quit the protocol and rechecked my mold levels. I was shocked to see the tricothecenes have VANISHED!!! hallelujah! And from what I remember these are some of the hardest to budge?

What I don't understand is my ochratoxin level went up from 2.64ppb to 3.74.... This confuses me... WHY would I be higher in this?? If my tricothecene levels went down shouldn't this one as well?

I also have had my gliotoxin levels checked for the first and am positive at 2.0... I am not sure what gliotoxins are... but maybe the protocol DOES do something. I just don't understand why I don't feel any better. :( whaaa any thought on this Ifish? How is you and your family doing? http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?members/ifish.14058/

The only thought I have on this is that the mycotoxin test shows what you are outputting at that very moment. If you are detoxing well, your amounts might be higher. For example, Brewer has found that levels are higher after sauna because toxins are being pulled out of your tissue and expelled. This might explain why your ochratoxin level was higher this time. Or maybe you are still being exposed to it??? I hope not! It's so great that your tricothecenes have vanished! That it super encouraging. Just wish you felt better :( Maybe it has something to do with your body being able to detox from that specific toxin better than others? Or maybe you are using a great tricothecene binder but not a great ochratoxin binder? Does anyone know which binders are specific to ochratoxin?

Ifish

I think there may be several variables at play. The experience of my family is pretty similar to that of other Brewer patients. We have been on the protocol for two years. There is improvement, to be sure, but for most, something else needs to be done. I really don't think binders are the answer for most, but that's just my opinion.

My oldest daughter is doing very well, but she was never extremely sick. She was noticeably and clearly ill for quite a few years. My youngest daughter, age 20, has gone from extremely ill and nearly housebound, to living in her own apartment. She still has significant anxiety issues.

I've gone from little quality of life to a pretty fair quality of life. Not quite what I would hope, but I am grateful for what I've gained. My wife has improved also, but not remarkably.

My wife and I have started with Brewer's methylation protocol. We have tried various methylation protocols before. It could be that this will lift us further up. One thing that sticks out for me is that I tried pretty much the same protocol before and the slightest amount would make me extremely sick. Now I am taking it very slow, but I'm moving forward steadily.

I might add that I the tests are undoubtedly extremely helpful, but they are only a snapshot. Variation can be just a random event.

Thanks Ifish for that. It helps... I feel in my case that although mold is not good for you... it must not be a major player in my symptoms. I think I should notice a difference, since being clear of tricothescenes...

I am not sure whether I will go back on the protocol or not.

Mamakate, I have read the cholestyramine is supposed to be a good binder for ochratoxin... Maybe I should try that..
I do not do sauna... and I haven't been using any binders...

I live in a new house, so there is no ongoing mold problems that I am aware of!

Ifish I am glad that it has helped you and your family. I wish it would help you ALL the way! The newest rage out there now is LDA/LDI therapy... They have the antigens for a mold shot too as well as Lyme, all coinfections and Epstein Barr virus..

Foxy Loxy, Just a thought I had....perhaps the tricothecenes vanished because u stopped poking holes in the biofilm and hence releasing them into your system at a detectable rate. Did u test post provocation...like w/ FIR sauna or glutathione? Dr. Neil Nathan talks about it in his interview w/ Dr. Brewer on Health & Wellness radio/podcasts "The Cutting Edge of Health and Wellness Today". We did IV glutathione but he says u can take it orally for a week prior to testing.

The other thing we've done is Fry Labs DNA/PCR testing. It tested everything in the National Database (thousands) for protozoa and came up w/ Glomus which is a cross between malaria, fungi and protozoa. It's a blood living biofilm forming thing. Treatment is a low fat diet w/ some restrictions and anti malarial drugs, anti parasitic drugs. My son is on Minocycline and Artemisinin. Just starting out. He also had a positive doppler on his jugular vein for 3 out of 5 Zamboni criteria. We could see the biofilm in his jugular....waving like seaweed in the ocean. Creepy. Then we did the TVAM procedure in CA w/ Dr. Arata but it didn't help him. Dr. Fry told us the blockage is then on the arterial side. So not sure what all to do re that but may go down and see Dr. Fry in AZ.

wow @SOCS that was interesting. I know a lot of people seem to find creepy things in them at Fry labs. Maybe that is why people with Lyme do much better on antiprotazoals... they probably have other things.

I sure hope, this helps your son! Sounds promising. Let us know what you find! :)

Hi all,

I've been taking nystatin powder orally and get such a severe die off reaction that it feels like my nervous system is on fire. I also get tremors, severe anxiety and worsening brain inflammation. I know for sure I don't have candida. From reading this thread, I think I understand that those of you who are using it are putting it in your nostrils. Would it be possible that I have this mold/mycotoxin issue in my stomach or digestive tract? I can't think of any other reason why I would get such a severe reaction to it. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Noelle

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
My thought, not based on much knowledge, is that there are probably a variety of fungi that can inhabit the digestive tract and will produce mycotoxins when killed.

Maybe someone else can do better.

jop

Hi @Ifish do you know if J Brewer would be prepared to make the formulation for the nystatin and edta mixtures available to a pharmaceutical compounding company in New Zealand? There is quite a forward thinking compounding company here, who do one off treatments. My GP is friends with one of their pharmacists so that all seems promising. The ampho b option would be much harder for me to get a doctor on side with than nystatin and seems to give similar results despite the difference in vitro?

I'm also trying to get hold of the flaem rhino clear mobile that @psz has said is the same as the nasatouch. It looks the same.

Thanks.

jop

@Forebearance my sinuses have also given me quite a bit of pain and respond to Zinc treatment, however in my case the Zinc at first seemed to cause a flare up and I had to reduce the dose for a while till it settled. I had a zinc deficiency by medical standards at the time though.

I am using lactobacilus sakei as a probiotic in an ongoing way and my sinus pain has largely gone. This follows from the work of Susan Lynch which is discussed on the lactobacto website, except I use it in the sinus rinse bottle. It's available as a bioprotective culture for meat from the Christian Hansen safepro range, simply called B-2. I have an ongoing and obvious staph issue in my nose following pituitary surgery. This localised infection was visibly improved within a week of using L. Sakei. Long term lower dose use also correlates with improved face pain and overall health, but has been gradual over months and I've been giving my system lots of other gently tweaks at the same time.

I'm assuming you know about the work on MARCONs and face pain?

kyzcreig

It's $700 and after reading this QW article I'm a little skeptical: http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/hooper.html
They're also saying that Multiple Chemical Sensitivity isn't real. Then some quibbling about mold-exposure symptoms which doesn't seem to be substantiated or even particularly relevant. They also aren't disagreeing with the accuracy of the test, but they believe it is irrelevant because "everyone is exposed to mycotoxins" and there isn't a proven relationship between inhaled mycotoxins (versus consumed?) and poor health.

I don't have an opinion either way really (I tend to be skeptical) but the quackwatch article comes across as assuming that everyone is healthy and normal, therefore mycotoxins are never a problem and uncommon reactions to molds and chemicals must not exist, or at least are not relevant. Whereas it has been shown that genetic immune abnormalities and certain infections can result in adverse reactions which other people will not experience.

kyzcreig

Thanks for the countervailing voice. I agree. I just want to use my money in the best way.

Would there be a cheaper way to detect if you have ochratoxin a? Otherwise I'll give that test a shot.