• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bloods.

Fuzzyhead

Had bloods done last week and been back today and one part of my liver function test was high? Anyone else? I am wondering if medication can affect it!!

Rvanson

Had bloods done last week and been back today and one part of my liver function test was high? Anyone else? I am wondering if medication can affect it!!

What part of the liver test was high? Yes, of course medications can effect your liver test results.

ryan31337

High bilirubin count has been associated with ME quite frequently.

I was told by my GP that it's Gilbert's Syndrome and nothing to worry about. Standard GP lack of care though, I can't see why they'd jump to that conclusion. They ignored all the other health issues and couldn't even tell me if it was conjugated or unconjugated bilirubin that was elevated because the NHS tests only show total count. I think someone on here said that they had a test that showed elevated conjugated levels, which suggests it isn't GS, but I have no idea how common that is among us.

Last edited: