• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions for Jarred Younger's 2nd Q&A Live Broadcast

usedtobeperkytina

I have the post about the 2nd broadcast in the events. But I thought I'd share here some of the questions we've received that he will likely answer.

We were overwhelmed by So many questions the first time. We have a lot, which is why he's now doing these once a month. This session will be focused on questions about the diseases: ME/CFS, fibromyalgia and GWI. Future sessions will have questions about details about his research and treatments.

One of the questions we hope to include this time: Can fibromyalgia evolve into ME/CFS?

To here the answers, join the broadcast on April 27, 2 pm CDT
on YouTube at http://bit.ly/YoungerLabBroadcast

Pre-broadcast questions may be sent to jarredyoungerlab@gmail.com

usedtobeperkytina

Get your question in. But, priority will be given to questions already submitted. However, as the questions continue, he'll continue to do them and do them more often. When the questions dry up, he'll stop. It's also good because he's recording these. So, if you submit a question and it's not answered this time, just watch for the recordings. It will end up in one of the future session recordings. So you won't miss hearing the answer.

Pre-broadcast questions can be submitted at jarredyoungerlab@gmail.com

usedtobeperkytina

I sent one to youngerlab@uab.edu during the last broadcast. Would that have been received or should I submit it again?
It was received. We captured all the questions. I went through and figured out which were asked and which weren't. I then found I could separate them into 3 general topics: questions about the diseases, questions about treatments, and questions about his research. This time, we're doing questions about the diseases. He's planning to do them monthly. So, we should get to the others fairly soon.

usedtobeperkytina

Here's another question we received: One study showed ME/CFS patients had limited range of motion, whereas another study showing that ME/CFS patients had very lax joints. Could range of motion dysfunctions be a stressor on the nervous system, predisposing a person to central sensitization or inflammation signals from the nerves in the muscles?

Kati

Patient in training
Hi Tina, could you please post a link of the first broadcast for those of us who have missed it?

And just to tickle your grammar bone, on your very first post you wrote 'To here the answers...'
:eek::whistle:

Last edited:

usedtobeperkytina

One of the questions submitted for tomorrow's broadcast (Wed, April 27): Since your theory is the Gulf War illness, fibromyalgia and ME/CFS are all caused by an oversensitized microglia, what would explain the different symptoms and different triggers, such as ME/CFS is more often triggered by an infection, fibromyalgia by an accident or surgery, and we theorize Gulf War illness is triggered by toxic exposure or an abundance of vaccines?

Dufresne

almost there...
Though I haven't seen the second interview, I was surprised to see the following in Cort's summary:
Younger believes the immune systems of Gulf War vets were hit in so many different ways - by vaccinations and an extraordinary array of toxins including the oil fires - that they became sensitized and ready to go off at the slightest provocation. They're still stuck 25 years later.

So just from this tidbit I'd ask something along the lines of:

"Dr Younger, is it your position vaccines may have contributed to the development of the neuro-immune illness, GWS? Might they also play a part in some cases of ME/CFS? And while we're at it, how about autism?"

It sounds to me like he may have stepped in it. Perhaps he didn't get the memo about it not being okay to admit vaccines might lead to diseases/syndromes.

*Really not trying to get this debate going again. The above questions are sincerely those I'd like to hear him answer.

eastcoast12

Though I haven't seen the second interview, I was surprised to see the following in Cort's summary:

So just from this tidbit I'd ask something along the lines of:

"Dr Younger, is it your position vaccines may have contributed to the development of the neuro-immune illness, GWS? Might they also play a part in some cases of ME/CFS? And while we're at it, how about autism?"

It sounds to me like he may have stepped in it. Perhaps he didn't get the memo about it not being okay to admit vaccines might lead to diseases/syndromes.

*Really not trying to get this debate going again. The above questions are sincerely those I'd like to hear him answer.
I don't think he's saying that at all. He is stating that the immune system was over stimulated by a number of different sources at the same time thus throwing the immune system out of whack. The vaccines are only one source of many. You can't call a glass of milk a cake. You need the rest of the ingredients. The vaccines are only an ingredient in the cfs cake.

usedtobeperkytina

2 pm Central. (I read daylight savings time started in March, so it should be CDT.) Whatever, it's 2 pm as time is now. That's 3 pm Eastern, 1 pm Mountain, and noon Pacific.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
2 pm Central. (I read daylight savings time started in March, so it should be CDT.) Whatever, it's 2 pm as time is now. That's 3 pm Eastern, 1 pm Mountain, and noon Pacific.

So when is it? :thumbdown: Five minutes? Or another hour? Bit confused!