• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mercury Chelation with Dr wrong protocal?

douglasmich

Hi

I suspect i have severe mercury toxicity and i am seeing a good functional MD next week.

I know about andy cutlers chelation and those that follow him claim his way is the only safe way and all other ways are extremely dangerous.

Now my MD is trained at multiple functional/environmental medicine schools and his protocal will not be andy cutlers.

Because my family is supporting me i MUST follow this doctors guidelines.

Does anyone know what protocal MDs use? This guy uses EDTA for things like lead but says mercury needs different drugs (dmps etc )

And is it true anything apart from andy cutler is severely dangerous?

Thanks

Johnmac

I personally found Cutler useful & safe. And yes, I'd be pretty sure to avoid injected challenge tests (as described at dmpsbackfire.com), which can cause lifelong problems.

DON'T USE EDTA!

It is very bad for those with Mercury toxicity, and can make it MUCH more toxic. It is good for other metals, but NEVER Mercury.

Don't let him make you take it.

douglasmich

Well if i tell this doctor i read on the internet that hes wrong hes going to be very pissed off. This is the best doctor i can see and i have no money so i have to do whatever my financial supporters say, and that is through a doctor

Does anyone know the protocals of these organizations?

"
In Australia, chelation therapy is taught and supported by the Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM). In the USA, the main medical authority is the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM).
www.acnem.com
www.acam.org

""

Well if i tell this doctor i read on the internet that hes wrong hes going to be very pissed off. This is the best doctor i can see and i have no money so i have to do whatever my financial supporters say, and that is through a doctor

Does anyone know the protocals of these organizations?

"
In Australia, chelation therapy is taught and supported by the Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM). In the USA, the main medical authority is the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM).
www.acnem.com
www.acam.org

""

I don't care, you will likely get much worse if you follow what this doctor says.

You can't seriously let them do this to you! You have seen the reports of people doing harmful or inappropriate therapies on this site and getting worse right? You can not let them make you take EDTA.

You can get DMPS/DMSA and ALA from here.

http://www.livingsupplements.com/

douglasmich

Yes im well aware. I have literally 0$ so andy cutlers protocal isn't an option

Guess i will have to stay poisoned untill i die

brenda

All you have to tell the doctor is that you don't feel well enough for it ATM. Instead of catastrophising, and making yourself worse, you could look into improving the detoxification abilities of your system through diet and lots of water. I am sure that my mercury filled body has reduced the load somewhat this way, until the time when you have more funds or persuade your family that you can do Cultlers treatment yourself. There is a forum to help.

All you have to tell the doctor is that you don't feel well enough for it ATM. Instead of catastrophising, and making yourself worse, you could look into improving the detoxification abilities of your system through diet and lots of water. I am sure that my mercury filled body has reduced the load somewhat this way, until the time when you have more funds or persuade your family that you can do Cultlers treatment yourself. There is a forum to help.

He needs to exclude sulfur/thiols and see if that helps. He won't ever get the Mercury out from his brain by that method though, only ALA can do that.

He could look into seeing if B12/Folate helps his symptoms first.

Alright, here is what you can do if he will give you DMPS in capsule form.

If you can divide the doses, say around 5mg every 6 - 8 hours, try and do that. Get some empty capsules online and fill them with the powder from the (if he does) capsules he gives you.

That way you can follow what he does without breaking any rules.

Some doctors are flexible with how they prescribe medications/ chelators.
You could simply ask him to allow you to chelate with Cutler's protocol.

You never know, he may just allow you to do that.

Some doctors are flexible with how they prescribe medications/ chelators.
You could simply ask him to allow you to chelate with Cutler's protocol.

You never know, he may just allow you to do that.

asking never hurts. if "no", it's your move next.
best to you.

In case you think it may convince your family to back you on the choice of protocol, there are some interviews with Cutler that cover some of these issues.

This one was suggested at the Frequent Dose Chelation group, although not exhaustive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130413185932/http://www.healthcentersofthefuture.com/DrCutler/

There may be others if you Google around. There is one with Mark Schauss, also this one which isn't easy to get via Google (Listed at #96):
https://web.archive.org/web/20130622033911/http://www.zentertainment.org/podcasts.html

Just a thought. I just figure others may be more open to the information in interview format as opposed to something like a webpage. However there may be some controversial topics that could backfire in certain cases, I suppose.

Hopefully the doctor will be open to trying it. You could technically say you've spoken to people you know have found it beneficial... If not, if you could get the chelators in oral form and use them according to Cutler's protocol instead, I think that would be most wise.