• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

trazodone --> ambien?

penny

penny IDK about the baclofen. My bioMom was on four a day 20mg for ten years or so. She became ill with heart problems and went in hospital. They took her off baclofen cold turkey. She did not know who she was, saw fish in her room talking to her, Ellen DeGeneres was her doctor. She was placed in nursing home in my state where she suffered several grand mal seizures. When I researched detoxing from baclofen I saw that you can die...so I had them wean her off. She now lives on her own near by, and is somewhat in her right mind. <====Meaning she was somewhat crazy to start with, she still is but she knows who and where she is.

Well, you are right! I hadn't looked up the withdrawal info in quite a while so was going by memory (which I should know better than to trust ;). Thanks for correcting me on this! I'm doubly glad because I don't want to provide misinformation, but also a close family member is on a dose closer to your mom's (for spasticity) and it'll be good information to have in case he ever needs to go off of it!

Referencing my log (NOT my memory ; ) I did do a taper when I discontinued - 1 week at 15mg, 1 week at 10mg, one day at 5mg, then zero. So maybe that's why I didn't notice any side effects.

And presumably Heaps doesn't have withdrawal effects because he takes it intermittently,

I'm so sorry your mom went through that, it sounds awful :(
Thanks again for the information!

CallieAndToby

Yeah, I attribute a huge part of my recovery last year to get enough sleep (10+ hours/night).
I think if I could get 10 hours of sleep a night I would be able to find a lot of relief and recover some as well, but I've tried just about everything. My bladder is a major problem and ocd.

Lotus97

I think if I could get 10 hours of sleep a night I would be able to find a lot of relief and recover some as well, but I've tried just about everything. My bladder is a major problem and ocd.
Well, I gained about 30 lbs and got high cholesterol when I was on that combo of meds so I had to stop. Plus, I need SSRIs for my depression which also causes insomnia although I might try Paxil which is less likely than Prozac to cause insomnia (but more likely to cause weight gain:eek:).

Grigor

That's a good point. How do you guys do on weight gain with Tranzodone? As it's hard for us to lose weight.

Justin30

That's a good point. How do you guys do on weight gain with Tranzodone? As it's hard for us to lose weight.

No issue for me...i still use it....i use 50 to 150mg and do this with 7.5 mgs of Rameron....

I lost lots of weight...i eat very clean...

I am taking florinef and now am really packing on water weight..