• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jarred Younger video on testing 9 GWS treatments at once (prototype for ME/CFS study)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
From an email:

Jarred Younger said:
We have a new video this week on our YouTube channel. The video is about our study that tests nine different potential treatments for pain and fatigue in Gulf War Illness. While we are recruiting only individuals with Gulf War Illness for this study, everyone may want to watch the whole video because we hope to use this study approach in other conditions in the future. This is the first time (to my knowledge) that a research group has tested nine treatments in a single study, and I’m excited to get it started!

Thank you,

Jarred Younger

Thinktank

These are the 9 potential treatments mentioned in the video:
Note they are all natural.

1. curcuminc/ turmeric
2. resveratrol
3. Reishi
4. epimedium
5. stinging nettle
6. Lunalin
7. French maritine pine bark
8. Boswellia
9. Fisetin

Sasha

Fine, thank you
These are not treatments, it's spice rack, old wives tales approach.

At 2:46, he says that his approach was to see what compounds were available right now that wouldn't need to go through years of trials and safety testing and which had good evidence in the scientific literature that they could get into the brain and decrease the microglia excitability that they think are driving the symptoms.

So while this stuff may well be in the spice rack, I don't think that means they're useless.

I like his approach of going for stuff that we could use right now, and subjecting it to testing.

JES

Some of these supplements could be useful in high dosage. Calming down inflammation certainly helps with some symptoms and it's also what the popular anti-anxiety approach here on this forum is based on.

Justin30

I like the potential of natural herbs the problem with them is although studied for a long time and have valid research it is small, are used without data, effects tend to not last long, etc.

The one proentially potent botanical is curcumin...especially if the use Longvida Curcumin. Helps regenerate stem cells in the brain...but its to bad we cant actually inject it in the brian or spinal cord lol.

What I find amazing about this study is the amount of different medicinal products/medicines tested in a short period of time. This is a new concepts that might get a treatments sooner. Good on you Jarred.... now lets get some strong medicines all tried at the same time....

If they could do this with real drugs, for example try using MS drugs, Parkinsons Drugs etc. then this could be for us CFS patients.

What I would like to see is the combination of drugs similar to what he is doing in this study....for example IVIG used with a less potent version of ritux or cychlo. Like coctails of drugs being experimented with as I believe many would be willing to take a risk.

*GG*

At 2:46, he says that his approach was to see what compounds were available right now that wouldn't need to go through years of trials and safety testing and which had good evidence in the scientific literature that they could get into the brain and decrease the microglia excitability that they think are driving the symptoms.

So while this stuff may well be in the spice rack, I don't think that means they're useless.

I like his approach of going for stuff that we could use right now, and subjecting it to testing.

Yeah, I took Reishi, brought back my night sweats, so stop doing that!

GG

*GG*

If they could do this with real drugs, for example try using MS drugs, Parkinsons Drugs etc. then this could be for us CFS patients.

Yeah, I am not tempted to use "real" drugs as used for MS etc..But if others in this population are, and help push the science forward, then I have no problem with that. My quality of life is not great, but not so bad i am willing to use a drug with (un)known side effects.

GG

JES

What I would like to see is the combination of drugs similar to what he is doing in this study....for example IVIG used with a less potent version of ritux or cychlo. Like coctails of drugs being experimented with as I believe many would be willing to take a risk.

I think he is already working with some drugs like LDN, not sure why he didn't include it in this video as it also acts against inflammation with different mechanisms.

Justin30

I think he is already working with some drugs like LDN, not sure why he didn't include it in this video as it also acts against inflammation with different mechanisms.

I remember him saying that about LDN....it would be good to know if their are other drugs on yhe market that work on Neuroinflation other than LDN and have him try a couple at a time....

What LDN, IVIG and broad spectrum AV??? Any takers?

actup

I live in stinging nettle heaven so have been cooking the greens and drinking the tea iced every year- mild pleasant flavor and very pretty bright green color.Eating the leaves doesn't work for me. Will use daily this summer so can comment on effect.

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
Both Resveratrol and Pycnogenol (Pine Bark) helped me a little bit in the past. Do not ask me why I stopped taking either of them. :confused: Price, maybe. But maybe time to try again.

Justin30

Both Resveratrol and Pycnogenol (Pine Bark) helped me a little bit in the past. Do not ask me why I stopped taking either of them. :confused: Price, maybe. But maybe time to try again.

I have 2 bottles of pine bark and Reservatrol on the way.

I know the supplements help but we need a sledge hammer to knock the disease down...that is either heavy hitting immune modulators, cancer drugs, or repurposing of Neuro Immune disease drugs...

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
I have 2 bottles of pine bark and Reservatrol on the way.

I know the supplements help but we need a sledge hammer to knock the disease down...that is either heavy hitting immune modulators, cancer drugs, or repurposing of Neuro Immune disease drugs...
This disease IS a sledge hammer. :ill:

Careful not to hit yourself with too many supplements at once.
(End mother hen) :whistle: