• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Join the Millions Missing campaign by #MEAction

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Big new campaign starting.

#MEAction said:
On May 25th 2016, #MEAction is sponsoring a community-organized protest at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in Washington, DC. ME patients, advocates, caregivers, and allies will join together to protest of the lack of government funding for research, clinical trials and medical/public education, leaving ME patients without relief.

Due to the nature of ME, we anticipate that many will not be able to personally attend. That is why we are launching the #MillionsMissing campaign, in combination with our protest. Millions of dollars missing in necessary research for suffering patients. As a result, millions of ME patients are missing from their work, schools, livelihoods, social activities, family affairs–moments of their everyday lives that so many are able to continue without a thought.

#MillionsMissing will remain an ongoing campaign within the ME and CFS community, even after the May protest. We plan to announce future initiatives in the coming months! If you have an idea for #MillionsMissing, tell us about it.

There's an interesting specific action that anyone can do from their computer which I'll post about on another thread. :cool:

Dolphin

I remember the fall-down protest in London in 2013 (?) which had 95 (?) people at it and had virtually no effect including no (or virtually no) media coverage.

I think in many situations putting the time and energy into a fundraiser or fundraising on the street would be better. This could include giving out information.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I remember the fall-down protest in London in 2013 (?) which had 95 (?) people at it and had virtually no effect including no (or virtually no) media coverage.

I think in many situations putting the time and energy into a fundraiser or fundraising on the street would be better. This could include giving out information.

Do you want to start a new thread on that, @Dolphin? No reason not to do both.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Where can I get the T-shirt? I'd wear it. The picture on the link on a grey T-shirt please, XL.

With the All Fall Down protest I think we need to focus more on media coverage. Need to inform the press of the event far more in advance and give them informative background information on the disease.