• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could This Potential Game-Changer For Concussion Prevention Help pwME/CFS (?)

Wayne

I just watched this 3-minute news segment on CBS News last night. Quite fascinating in and of itself, but I couldn't help but wonder if this new (and simple) device (collar) might help some of the brain circulation and cognitive issues for pwME/CFS.

Here's a LINK to the entire transcript...

Bailes replicated that with a collar for humans that gently presses the vein like a necktie, reducing blood flow out of the brain. That creates a backflow, about a teaspoon of extra blood, making a tighter fit in the skull.

collar-1.jpg

*GG*

I just watched this 3-minute news segment on CBS News last night. Quite fascinating in and of itself, but I couldn't help but wonder if this new (and simple) device (collar) might help some of the brain circulation and cognitive issues for pwME/CFS.

Here's a LINK to the entire transcript...

Bailes replicated that with a collar for humans that gently presses the vein like a necktie, reducing blood flow out of the brain. That creates a backflow, about a teaspoon of extra blood, making a tighter fit in the skull.

Doesn't sound comfortable?

GG