• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DAO/Daosin supply issues?

Gingergrrl

Am bumping this up to the top b/c I am having trouble finding Daosin as well. Can anyone clarify if this product is no longer being made. I can't find it on Amazon or Swanson and only have eight pills left. My MCAS regime is working so incredibly well at the moment that I am afraid to mess with any component of it.

Has anyone found Daosin? It used to be an inexpensive and easy product to find and now I only see it at obscure places, one bottle at a time, at hugely jacked up prices :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:.

Any info, much appreciated!

ETA: The only comparable product that I can find through Swanson contains talc, shellac and all kinds of other crap that I might not tolerate.

Last edited:

Adster

I use that other one from Swanson now - which is exactly the same as the ones I also bought directly from Eat - All.com(Sciotec's shop who make/license the Daosin pellets) They are all using Daosin beadlets so my bet is they are the same thing, just without the shellac listed. I'm just not 100% sure if they all come from the one factory.

I'm transferring to those from Histame which I swear works better for me even at it's lower dose. It's no longer available, though they tell me it will be soon. I filter out the calcium in the capsule using a tea sieve.

My hunch is that the Histame stays fresher than the others in that calcium. I once left a bottle of Seeking Health Daosin in the cupboard way past it's expiry and all the pellets turned dark brown. I notice in some batches of the different brands of Daosin I currently have that some of the pellets are also darkening. In the latest batches from Swanson and Eat-All.com the pellets look lighter in color. The Histame pellets are the lightest in color of them all.

Gingergrrl

I use that other one from Swanson now - which is exactly the same as the ones I also bought directly from Eat - All.com(Sciotec's shop who make/license the Daosin pellets) They are all using Daosin beadlets so my bet is they are the same thing, just without the shellac listed. I'm just not 100% sure if they all come from the one factory.

@Adster I ended up buying one of the last bottles of Daosin on Amazon for $60 which was insane b/c I used to pay about $25 per bottle. But I didn't want to run out while deciding which product to switch to so I took the loss for now and felt it was worth it.

The alternate product on Swanson's site does seem to have the identical beadlets (at an even higher dose than Daosin!) but the inactive ingredients are really crappy like methylcellulose, talc, shellac, etc, and things I did not tolerate when my MCAS was severe and had to get my meds compounded and/or dye free. Am so hesitant to risk it with all those crappy fillers.

I'm transferring to those from Histame which I swear works better for me even at it's lower dose. It's no longer available, though they tell me it will be soon. I filter out the calcium in the capsule using a tea sieve.

I saw that Histame is no longer available either which makes me think the Daosin source is the problem. This happened once with Armour Thyroid but then it became available again (and both are made from porcine products) so I am hoping Daosin becomes available again. I have no idea about the calcium part you mentioned but I have never reacted badly to calcium.

My hunch is that the Histame stays fresher than the others in that calcium. I once left a bottle of Seeking Health Daosin in the cupboard way past it's expiry and all the pellets turned dark brown. I notice in some batches of the different brands of Daosin I currently have that some of the pellets are also darkening. In the latest batches from Swanson and Eat-All.com the pellets look lighter in color. The Histame pellets are the lightest in color of them all.

I've never kept any past the expiration date so this hasn't happened to me. I started with Histame (last March/April) before I knew about Daosin but you had to take two pills to equal one and it was more more expensive so I switched.

Gingergrrl

@Adster I can't believe it, now in addition to Daosin being discontinued, it turns out that Twin Labs Quercetin Plus Vit C is being discontinued which is one of the other main supplements that I take for MCAS b/c it has a pure form of Vit C without Rose hips and all the fillers/additives.

It was $15 a bottle and now on Amazon it is $95 and i herb said it is discontinued. My food meds are so well controlled right now, I don't want to lose two of the main supplements that I take. :mad::mad::bang-head::bang-head:

Does anyone know why they are doing this?

Adster

@Gingergrrl I have an unopened bottle of Swanson Daosin and an opened but only 1-2 tabs used bottle of Twin Labs Quercetin Plus C you are welcome to if you want to pay for shipping from Australia plus the ~$20? cost of the Daosin, if that's of any use to you. Might cost a bit to ship though? Let me know if you are interested and we'll see if it's worth it.

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl I have an unopened bottle of Swanson Daosin and an opened but only 1-2 tabs used bottle of Twin Labs Quercetin Plus C you are welcome to if you want to pay for shipping from Australia plus the ~$20? cost of the Daosin, if that's of any use to you. Might cost a bit to ship though? Let me know if you are interested and we'll see if it's worth it.

@Adster I was able to find the Quercetin Plus C at Vitamin Shoppe and by their last two bottles of 100 (so I now have a big supply of this one.) However, I've had no luck with Daosin which really appears to be off the market. I bought one more bottle on Amazon for $60 (which is nuts) but my reactions have flared up again to the point that for the last two days I could barely ingest food without requiring my rescue meds and back to drinking dextrose/salt water instead of food.

I would be happy to buy the Daosin from you for $20 plus shipping but not sure, can you send to the US as in, would it get through US customs? It's not a prescription, and all my doctors want me to keep taking it, so that is not an issue. Let's talk via PM and I appreciate your offer and kindness.