• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lay in?

ukxmrv

No, for me it's better if I stay in bed as long as I can in the mornings. It seems to coincide with my "low cortisol" time of the day but could easily be something else.

That said, I am usually better in the morning if I have had a poor nights sleep... but that's another story...

rosie26

Does anyone else feel worse if you have a lay in? I always try and get up at the same time because for some reason i feel awful if i don't. My brain fog seems to be worse if i do.
I am the same. I try to do something if I can in the mornings. If I haven't been upright in the mornings for at least a hour I do feel worse in the afternoons. Mainly in the head, for me.

Invisible Woman

I seem to go through phases where I am much better if I get up at 8am or so. Then I get phases where I am like a zombie bashing into things and falling over - then it's better all round if I stay in bed 'till late morning.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am the opposite. If I get up before my head has cleared and I feel somewhat awake, I will remain groggy all day.