• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotic Help

Justin30

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me locate a link to where I can find/buy:

Bififlor Forte

I know its from Europe and I am in Canada and am looking for a reliable source to purchase it from.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
It seems to contain...
- L. rhamnosus
- L. acidophilus
- B. bifidum

I don't see much of anything special in this probiotic blend. L. acidophilus is generally thought to detrimental for those with ME/CFS as it produces Lactic Acid. Personally, I would avoid taking this formulation. I actually find single strains to make much more sense. If you have a reaction to any single strain, it will be hard to figure out which one is causing the problem when taking such blends.

Anyway, I think you could find similar combinations elsewhere. Here's a decent list...

A List Of The Best Commercial Probiotics

Last edited:

JES

Agree, those 3 ingredients are found in 99% of probiotics on the market, probiotics containing those can be found in any large grocery store.

Justin30

Its what the Dr prescribed. But now that i look at the list its exactly what i have in one of the probiotics in my fridge.

Thanks

Justin

Justin30

It shows through tests that I have low L Lactate and normal D lactate.

My stool analysis showed very low level Bifidobacterium and high levels of Bacteroids and Colustradiums.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
He is. Dr KDM
Wow, surprised to hear him recommend a probiotic containing L. acidophilus. I thought Mutaflor (E. coli Nissle) was his favorite. Then again, with all the subtypes that we fall into, what's good for one person may not be the case for someone else. He seems to be one of the smarter guys dealing with this condition so I'd tend to trust his opinion.

BTW, the Bififlor seems to contain some other ingredients, which seem like they may be prebiotics, so maybe there's a reason he's recommending this specific brand.

Last edited:

Justin30

Wow, surprised to hear him recommend a probiotic containing L. acidophilus. I thought Mutaflor (E. coli Nissle) was his favorite. Then again, with all the subtypes that we fall into, what's good for one person may not be the case for someone else. He seems to be one of the smarter guys dealing with this condition so I'd tend to trust his opinion.

BTW, the Bififlor seems to contain some other ingredients, which seem like they may be prebiotics, so maybe there's a reason he's recommending this specific brand.

I did notice that as well. I have emailed a pharmacy in europe just dont knowif they will ship it.