• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Testing service

Hello, I try to understand my results from 23andme
Anyone familiar with ch3enko.com testing ?
report looks like more logical than just chart
ch3enko_asha.jpg

Last edited:

alicec

report looks like more logical than just chart

Well it could be helpful in understanding where in a metabolic pathway a snp might have an effect.

But this is just one very tiny part of the snps analysed by 23andme and there is no indication of how these snps are interpreted so it is impossible to say if it is useful.

Maybe a better place to start is promethease.com. This gives a much more extensive analysis ranked on the basis of the research that has been done on the snp, with links to the research. It is searchable for any gene you might be interested in.

Unfortunately you can't take this or any other analysis at face value. You really need to do your own research to evaluate any snps that might be flagged as an issue.

You certainly can't believe all the nonsense that circulates on the internet about the meaning of various snps, most notably the so-called methylation and related snps.

Well it could be helpful in understanding where in a metabolic pathway a snp might have an effect.

But this is just one very tiny part of the snps analysed by 23andme and there is no indication of how these snps are interpreted so it is impossible to say if it is useful.

Maybe a better place to start is promethease.com. This gives a much more extensive analysis ranked on the basis of the research that has been done on the snp, with links to the research. It is searchable for any gene you might be interested in.

Unfortunately you can't take this or any other analysis at face value. You really need to do your own research to evaluate any snps that might be flagged as an issue.

You certainly can't believe all the nonsense that circulates on the internet about the meaning of various snps, most notably the so-called methylation and related snps.
Promethease is so complicated, you need to be a MD to understand their stuff does not it? but I could be way off base...