• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whole genome sequencing for $330 including interpretation

Old Bones

I have no idea if this is true but it sounds very nice. Coverage is very low, however.

Hi @Waverunner I have only recently started to consider genetic testing, so know very little about the options. Could you please explain what you mean by "coverage is very low". Thanks.

Hmmm... how to choose. How much coverage is accurate enough?
I wouldn't go under 20x. And would be reluctant to go under 30x.

The site says that the 1000 genomes project was done at 4-5x coverage.
When looking at thousands of genomes, throwing out a lot of "no-call" type results isn't a big deal. There are still plenty of good results for each SNP from other genomes. But for getting full data for a single genome, 4-5x isn't going to do it. And then it's a matter of whether or not the stuff it's missing or getting wrong are resulting in something important being missed.

Waverunner

Good find thanks Waverunner.

https://www.fullgenomes.com

US dollars:
10x = $725
20x = $1200
30x = $1650
Interpretation = $50

Hmmm... how to choose. How much coverage is accurate enough? The site says that the 1000 genomes project was done at 4-5x coverage.

Thanks for the info. Prices are still pretty good. Gene by gene wants $10,395.00 for WGS (coverage 30x) :rolleyes:.
I wish there would be more competition in the market.