• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller: Reexamining Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research And Treatment Policy

Forbin

Excellent article by David Tuller published on the Health Affairs website. Health Affairs has been called the "Bible of health policy" by the Washington Post.

This is a really good summation of recent positive developments such as the Lipkin study, IOM report and the NIH's response to that, as well as a good explanation of what has been keeping the illness in a research backwater (namely, the easy "answers" of the psychogenic explanation as exemplified by PACE).

I found myself trying to give such a summary to my cardiologist recently (he's interested, but it is obviously not his specialty) and it would have been easier just to hand him this article.

jimells

Excellent article by David Tuller published on the Health Affairs website. Health Affairs has been called the "Bible of health policy" by the Washington Post.

So if we post comments, they may be read by some influential people? (It's open moderated comments - no login needed, hint, hint)

p.s. This article is fourth on the "Most Read" list at http://healthaffairs.org/blog/

Last edited: