• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vaccination HPV

digital dog

Nearly all of my 16 immediate family members have autoimmune conditions. From the reactions my daughter has had to other supplements and drugs I think it would be wise to avoid this vaccine. I think she has vulnerable genes like me!

I feel instinctively that she shouldn't have the HPV as the risks seem to outweigh the dubious benefits. I know I'm not alone in this view as there is quite the controversy surrounding this particular vaccine.

Anyone feel the same way?

I'm just so glad I don't live in America where they seem to vaccinate children at every opportunity.

I don't want my child having similar health issues as me.

Hope78

I really don't know anything about the risks of a HPV vaccination. But I guess staying away from vaccination if autoimmune or other syndromes related to improper functioning of the immune system or the methylation run in the family would be a wise idea.
I got all sorts of vaccination. This year I will refuse it even if my familiy doctor will strongly disagree with this decicion. I evenn reacted very badly to fsme vaccinations when I was not ill and exhausted so I guess it's better to stay away from it

Yes, if I had children, I would be scared to give them the HPV vaccine and some other vaccines. I would be less scared if the child was healthy but it seems like it can be the catalyst for underlying illnesses. I don't know if it would cause any problem that wasn't already in their genes. There is so much medicine doesn't know.

*GG*

I'm just so glad I don't live in America where they seem to vaccinate children at every opportunity.

I don't want my child having similar health issues as me.

I varies by state, some are more Liberty oriented and think you should have the final say!

Don't know where you live, but there seems to be more options here for the illness :)

GG

halcyon

I feel instinctively that she shouldn't have the HPV as the risks seem to outweigh the dubious benefits. I know I'm not alone in this view as there is quite the controversy surrounding this particular vaccine.

Anyone feel the same way?
I haven't been following this story very closely, but there appears to be a non-trivial association between this vaccine and onset of POTS. I'm generally pro-vaxx and cervical cancer is nothing to snub your nose at, but from what I've seen from a cursory look, if it was me personally I'd give this one a miss.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25882168
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23016780

L'engle

moogle
@digital dog
I wouldn't advise one way or another about the vaccine but something to consider is that condoms are about 2/3 effective against HPV, so if your daughter doesn't get the vaccine she can still do a lot to decrease risk later in life when and if it arises. Not an easy issue as there is a risk either way.

There is a documentary about 200 young women in Denmark who have had adverse reactions to Gardasil.
The documentary seemed very balanced to me and not sensationalist. (It's embedded on the page. I don't know much about the page overall or it's reliability)

http://anhinternational.org/2015/07/15/danish-concern-over-hpv-vaccine-contagious/

digital dog

Thank you for all your replies.
I have decided after careful study, that my daughter will not have this vaccine. I think there are very dubious claims about its efficiency but some startling anecdotal reports of adverse reactions (anecdotal because they are dismissed as psychosomatic ailments and hushed up.) And obviously we do not even know the long term effects yet.
It's interesting as pharma companies are shooting themselves in the foot with this vaccine as so many people are researching it due to its controversy and finding suspect evidence about other vaccines.
I was pro vaccine until I read about the HPV, now I am concerned that a number of vaccines are not necessary doing what we are all led to believe and that they may infact be weakening the immune systems of those vaccinated and causing a whole host of problems.
The statistics speak for themselves. Highest vaccinated western nations have the most infant mortality and autoimmune conditions in children. USA vaccinates considerably more than any other country and has highest death rate and sickest children. Something is not right there.
If you scratch beneath the surface, it is not a pretty picture.

digital dog

The immorality, corruption and greed shown by pharmaceutical companies is astounding.
They know that these vaccines are killing teenagers but they choose to withhold this information.
Nice.

HowToEscape?

The immorality, corruption and greed shown by pharmaceutical companies is astounding.
They know that these vaccines are killing teenagers but they choose to withhold this information.
Nice.
Seems like you already had your mind made up about not only this particular item, but medicine in general.