• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Big study coming?

msf

Hasn´t been one for a while, are the researchers still on their Christmas breaks? Who do you think will publish next, and what do you expect them to publish?

*GG*

Christmas breaks? What is that? You think they get a month of or something? This is not some student in College. I doubt they take much time off at all!

GG

msf

That was a joke. I was just pointing out that there hasn´t been a big study for a while.

Bob

Who do you think will publish next, and what do you expect them to publish?
I've been wondering that as well. As you say, we haven't had any major research news events for a while. There are a number of big projects in the pipeline but I'm not aware of any dates.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Been noticing the same.. There is a exiting one from Haukeland where the finding is elevated bAFF, think it`s due in a couple of months.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Cort Johnson reported the following teaser in December:
Preliminary evidence suggests that levels “X” and “Y” metabolites and, at least, one immune protein are significantly altered in ME/CFS. (Lipkin embargoed this information pending publication of the paper. One of them is a shocker.)
Full article here:
http://simmaronresearch.com/2015/12...ears-to-solve-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/

Discussed here:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/preliminary-news-from-lipkin-co.42026/#post-679563

msf

Yeah, and there was the infectious study teaser earlier in the year - what I want to know is, when are they going to publish them? Seems like everyone is in the process of writing them up.

Mark

Yeah, and there was the infectious study teaser earlier in the year - what I want to know is, when are they going to publish them? Seems like everyone is in the process of writing them up.
Indeed, in which case there seem to be a few due some time in the next few months. Just in time for IiME I hope...:)

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I received an email in early November from Sonya Marshall Gradisnik saying they would be presenting some research findings at the Invest in ME conference in London this year. She reiterated their commitment to finding the pathology mechanism for ME.
Although I do not know what they will be presenting at London.

Esther12

GETSET due. SMILE.

Wonder if they'll be getting a more careful peer review now PACE concerns have gone a bit more mainstream.

Esther12

Your thread title actually got my heart pumping... I was expecting inside information on imminent SMC spin and another 'big' study being used to cause big harm.

taniaaust1

I'm still waiting for an ME/CFS study which will come from Sth Australia to be published. Its a followup one to try to confirm previous findings on how our white brain matter deteriorates at a faster rate then it should and the longer we are ill the more deteriorated it is. I'm sure they must by now almost have it complete or actually they should of completed it (except the writing up of it all).. I think its been about a year since they put me through testing for the study.

but who knows.. last time they did a study they took years to publish it.